Mustang Evolution Forum banner

radiator swap Q

9K views 18 replies 4 participants last post by  mystang50 
#1 ·
Ok its a 95 gt and was wanting to put a Mishimoto radiator on there and was wondering what all parts will be needed like if I need new mounts and all that...

#2 ·
You shouldn't need mounts as long as yours are in good shape.
Hoses are a judgment call too.

#3 ·
Trojan Horse said:
You shouldn't need mounts as long as yours are in good shape.
Hoses are a judgment call too.
Yeah that's what I figured...and ima change my hoses to those silicone red Mishimoto ones....that a good radiator? And also mines a auto and the coolant line Jus below the cap that goes to tranny its leaky not bad but catches my eyes is tha fitting that connects to radiator how would I go about changing that....tha whole line or could I Jus change fitting?

#4 ·
Yeah that's what I figured...and ima change my hoses to those silicone red Mishimoto ones....that a good radiator? And also mines a auto and the coolant line Jus below the cap that goes to tranny its leaky not bad but catches my eyes is tha fitting that connects to radiator how would I go about changing that....tha whole line or could I Jus change fitting?
I don't know how good the radiator is. It's made overseas I suppose?
If so you know how that goes sometimes. :confused:

The leak in your transmission coolant line could be from the line, the fitting on the line or possibly the fitting in the radiator. It may also just be loose?
Check it when you take it out and if the line and fitting looks ok try it on the new radiator.
If you have and know how to use a double flaring tool you could install a new fitting. If not you will have to get a new line.

#6 ·
IF those are still made the way I remember them, they are connected with an inverted flare fitting which does not seal on the threads, but on the "flared end" of the tubing itself. Putting sealant on the threads won't help if it is leaking from the flared end.
If the end is cracked or broken you have to re-flare it or replace the line.

#7 ·
Trojan Horse said:
IF those are still made the way I remember them, they are connected with an inverted flare fitting which does not seal on the threads, but on the "flared end" of the tubing itself. Putting sealant on the threads won't help if it is leaking from the flared end.
Yeah kinda looks like it, I was lookin at it yesturday and it looks like 5/16 tubing

#8 ·
Trojan Horse said:
You know what u are correct I had to cut the tubing and replace the end with a different one

#9 ·
Occasionally I get it right. ;):good:

#10 ·
Trojan Horse said:
Occasionally I get it right. ;):good:
Where can I get a fitting? I looked on web yesturday and found nothing...Evan searched for the whole line

#11 ·
U can see the leakage...

Attachments

#12 ·
That looks like the insert into the radiator is leaking, which may or may not be repairable if the radiator is rotted around the fitting. :(

A radiator repair shop is going to be your best bet.
May be time to look for a replacement depending on the cost of repair.

#14 ·
Trojan Horse said:
That looks like the insert into the radiator is leaking, which may or may not be repairable if the radiator is rotted around the fitting. :(

A radiator repair shop is going to be your best bet.
May be time to look for a replacement depending on the cost of repair.
Well I'm gettin a new misimoto radiator...

#15 ·
Then I would suggest that you don't touch the one you have until your new one arrives. JIC it starts to leak worse and renders the car undrivable. :good:

#17 ·
Hahaha! Don't you just love getting new parts? ;)

#18 ·
Trojan Horse said:
Hahaha! Don't you just love getting new parts? ;)
Yup! And I went outa town today and my parents decided to take it to tha shop to get it swaped out and they r paying for it so guess saves me a whole day of working on it

#19 ·
mystang50 said:
Yup! And I went outa town today and my parents decided to take it to tha shop to get it swaped out and they r paying for it so guess saves me a whole day of working on it
That new radiator is tha ****. I was driving around last night lookin for trouble and noticed it was on L on gauge (n o r m a l ) so I took it out on a long open road and it cooled down so went back into town and was at red light and gauge was standing straight up light turned green I pulled out and looked down and it was on the L again so I stoped at a gas station cuz I figured fan wasn't working, it was unpluged so pluged it in closed hood and sat in car and it was on the O so it disperse heat pretty Dang well I recommend the misumoto radiator to everyone!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.