Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello my base model has no bluetooth function. if I buy a cover with a shaker print. is the function integrated there? or in the CD player itself? ... and then a question about the cover itself. I want to hydro paint the radio cover. Can I remove all buttons?
One pic of my Daily swirl paint.?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Not sure what year your Stang is but in my ‘13, the cover over the audio / HVAC controls is just that, just a cover. I BT is integrated into the radio or audio system somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
The bluetooth is actually in the Sync module that is plugged into the Shaker system

Sync Module on EBay

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK. thanks for the information. unfortunately I have no sync. only the basic model. if I remove the cover can I remove the knobs and controls to paint the cover? would like to paint the cover with hydro dip. it would be better to remove the electronics if possible. are the cabling already installed in the car like in many other models to switch to a sync model? or is that not possible?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Not sure if the wiring is there to upgrade to add the factory Sync or not but there are much easier cheaper ways to get bluetooth for hands free phone use.

In my 68 Barracuda i have a $20 unit that clips to the visor that works good enough. It doesn't have caller id but you can answer and make calls.

In my 01 pickup i have a unit that i paid about $40 for. It replaces the rear view mirror with one with bluetooth in it. It shows caller ID through the mirror.

Dave

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the information! I bought a Bluetooth adapter for the 3.5mm audio input. now I can stream from tablet or phone to the radio. ... now I would be grateful if someone has painted the radio cover, he knows if the buttons can all be removed ... otherwise I have to disassemble everything to see for myself.:unsure: Have a nice day ?

·
Registered
541 Posts
I removed my cover to do a carbon fiber wrap. It is easily separable from the knobs and controls, at least on my ‘13 model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 7 of 7 Posts