Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was toying with the idea of swapping out my stock radio with an OEM one with the LCD screen. Anyone ever do this? Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
I was toying with the idea of swapping out my stock radio with an OEM one with the LCD screen. Anyone ever do this? Thoughts?
I would just go aftermarket, less hassle and more features

·
Banned
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea that's what I was reading when I googled it. Gonna call some junkyards first. I like the factory look and I'm only gonna do it if I can get it done dirt cheap.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I ordered a Pioneer avic 940 BT. The ENTIRE audio transforms immensely by changing the head unit to a head unit that has a full built in eq, digital or otherwise. It is hard to believe my speakers are the same.

·
Banned
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ordered a Pioneer avic 940 BT. The ENTIRE audio transforms immensely by changing the head unit to a head unit that has a full built in eq, digital or otherwise. It is hard to believe my speakers are the same.
Yea it's pretty crazy. I just think the OE nav looks cool lol

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Yea it's pretty crazy. I just think the OE nav looks cool lol
I didn't have an OE Nav, just the shaker 6 disc changer. Now I have navi, bt, back up camera (which I didn't use) and live traffic, on top of that also dvd player and playing videos from my phone

·
Banned
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey if I get one out of a junkyard the code on the back of the unit doesn't matter since I'm gonna have to get it programmed at the dealer right?

·
Registered
289 Posts
I don't think your harness are going to match up. I would see if someone who has the one you want would let you take a look at the back of it to see if the plugs you have in your car even match up to it.

·
Banned
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't think your harness are going to match up. I would see if someone who has the one you want would let you take a look at the back of it to see if the plugs you have in your car even match up to it.
I've seen pics in threads on other forums. It's seems the only difference is the sat/nav antenna input on the back. Everything else looks PnP. I'm pretty sure I just need the head unit, nav antenna, and programming from ford. Just wanna make sure.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Id just go aftermarket. Clean install for a third of the price. Ford said they would charge me 150 to buy the old radio that had a duel casset and cd player that takes up two slots in my console. So it only cost me about 110 for a harness and a decent aftermarket radio with a USB hookup and I did it all myself and only experience was youtube videos lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts