Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im new to this so bare with me. My 03' v6 vert's spedometer only goes to 120 is there any way i could get a different gauge that allows my spedometer to go to 150 ( like the gt's) with the help of a fordchip. If this is all just ridiculus then just tell me. Would that just blow or destroy my engine?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
You could put a GT speedo cluster in there, and have the computer programmed for that, but your factory speed limiter is about 118-120 MPH, so you would probably want that removed/ rasied also. are you just wanting this for looks? or do you intend on 120+ speeds:confused:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looks is a big part of it thou. and like if its not possible to even get up to 130 then forget it b/c ive seen how long it takes to change gauges

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Im sure it would do 130 with a chip. I don't know. I've hit the speed limiter in mine, and that was plenty fast for me(for now):lol:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what do you mean the problem... i thought all you needed was a tuned chip
are the gauges that easy.. i cause then i might do it just for looks

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
gauges that go to 150 have different redlines than our lil sixers... its not worth gettin a new guage, if youre above 120mph you shouldnt be lookin at your guages anyway lol

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
ZimStang said:
gauges that go to 150 have different redlines than our lil sixers... its not worth gettin a new guage, if youre above 120mph you shouldnt be lookin at your guages anyway lol
Forgot the tach was different, and your right...should be watchin the road:eek:

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
what year car do you have? if you have a 99+, then you can turn the digital odometer into a digital speedometer by holding on the reset button during start-up (i think thats it. look on www.mustangworld.com)

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
my car has a limiter right on the 115 mark... trial and error (luckily no error ;))... I was curious.... and yeah, I looked, GOD I love straight country highways :D

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
ZimStang said:
The 94-98 can use 150 MPH and can have the right tach, but the 99+ are SOL when it comes to this.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
just use the digital speedometer. it will be accurate over 120mph

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Brent said:
How do you use the 150mph for 94-98?
:D I WON'T TELLLLLLLLLLL........................ :D

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Anyways, you need to get a 94-95 speedocluster (the whole thing, not just the face gauges) and then you need to get a green speedo drive gear, and pop that into your tranny. For this you have to actually pull the tranny and remove the tailshaft housing. Remove your yellow 7T gear and replace it with the 8T green gear. That's all.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
well having a 150 mph speedo would make 75~ more accurate, the middle point on a guage is usually its most accurate, why people buy 10k tacks so 5-6k is most accurate, if the tach only went to 6k then 3k would be the most accurate point on the tack, even with that its a bad idea to mess with the gauges.... you dont need to go over 120 mph.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts