Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
If your not going to replace the flywheel, then at least have your current flywheel resufaced.

I just went ahead and threw in a new flywheel with the spec 2 clutch kit. I've never been happier.

Also it's a good idea to replace the rear main seal while your at it, only a 20 dollar part.

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
If your not going to replace the flywheel, then at least have your current flywheel resufaced.

I just went ahead and threw in a new flywheel with the spec 2 clutch kit. I've never been happier.

Also it's a good idea to replace the rear main seal while your at it, only a 20 dollar part.
+++^^^ this.. DEF resurface the flywheel.. You will regret it if not, plus it's cheap and your already there. :good:

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
So I can get away with just resurfacing the flywheel?
I don't see why not. The only things that would stop you is it has been turned several times already or if you crammed it back in 1st instead of 3rd and ruined it lol btw a buddy did that and melted the disc to the flywheel.. Seriously though it should be fine :good:

·
Registered
322 Posts
I put in the stage 2 zoom clutch kit about 2 months ago and got a local shop to resurface the flywheel. It's definitely a good idea to resurface but go to someone that knows what their doing. Any f**k up can completely throw off the blance and mess up your t5.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
I put in the stage 2 zoom clutch kit about 2 months ago and got a local shop to resurface the flywheel. It's definitely a good idea to resurface but go to someone that knows what their doing. Any f**k up can completely throw off the blance and mess up your t5.
Definitely! Take it somewhere reputable that wont booger it up. I just put a new one in, but I had one resurfaced in my 05 SRT-4, it wasnt done right and cause me all kinds of problems.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Definitely! Take it somewhere reputable that wont booger it up. I just put a new one in, but I had one resurfaced in my 05 SRT-4, it wasnt done right and cause me all kinds of problems.
Somebody with an srt! Haha no offense, but I hate them. All that hp in a neon? Unnecessary lol but do you know you're 1/4 mile time or power/weight ratio?? My town is full of those and civics with k20 or k23s with 220hp stock

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Somebody with an srt! Haha no offense, but I hate them. All that hp in a neon? Unnecessary lol but do you know you're 1/4 mile time or power/weight ratio?? My town is full of those and civics with k20 or k23s with 220hp stock
It was a lot of fun, and at least it was still american. They are very quick. Not something to be compared with the little civics running around, two different classes of cars.

Yes you can turbo a civic, yes you can turbo a mustang v6. But by that logic just stick a bigger turbo on the neon. The best measure of a car is stock for stock, becuase there is not limit to how far someone can modify their car.

All that being said, I love my much slower 3.8 mustang more than I ever did the srt-4

1 - 11 of 11 Posts