Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was accelerating at a grandmother like pace on a dry, straight road and was at 40 mph when the traction control light started blinking. I couldn't accelerate so it was definitely acting like traction control should, and then it turned off. However, for a few seconds after it turned off it still seemed like it was on because you could feel it kind of like, pulsing on and off because the car felt like it was pulling to the side ever so slightly then would go straight a couple times repeatedly..seemed like it was coming from the passenger side rear wheel. Really weird, definitely did not lose traction so it had to be a malfunction. Has this happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
382 Posts
I just got this today while driving at medium acceleration. Traction control off light & low traction light cane on and stated on til I turned her off and restarted.

Attachments

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just got this today while driving at medium acceleration. Traction control off light & low traction light cane on and stated on til I turned her off and restarted.
Oh good. We have the same yet different problem haha. My off light didn't come on just the low traction blinked and clearly affected the ability to drive.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had the same exact issue - twice now. As a matter of fact, I just picked up my car from service because of it. However, I was told there is nothing wrong with the car as the issue cannot be reproduced. Both occurrences were at speeds under 30mph, while traveling in a straight line, under very light accelleration. In my case, the traction control light was flashing as well. If feels very unsafe; I came close to being rear-ended the second time.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yay that was my issue I posted a couple days ago. Mines only on turns but same effect

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
38 Posts
To turn traction, and advance off completely hold down the traction button with the brake pressed for about 5 seconds. You will be prompted "advance track off." To put it in advancetrac sport mode double tap the button quickly with brake pressed.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Try doing a search. I know this issue has come up on all the forums a few times. I think usually ford ends up replacing the steering column or the abs/traction computer.

·
Abominable Mustang
1,848 Posts
To turn traction, and advance off completely hold down the traction button with the brake pressed for about 5 seconds. You will be prompted "advance track off." To put it in advancetrac sport mode double tap the button quickly with brake pressed.
So if one of my headlights goes out at night, do I just turn my lights off and ignore it? There is an actually problem going on with these guys' traction control systems activating when they shouldn't. If you have actual good info that can contribute to fixing the problem, do so.

I think usually ford ends up replacing the steering column or the abs/traction computer.
Yeah, what comes to mind when I read through the thread, is either the steering rack (it has been a known issue) or ABS module. What doesn't help is that it sounds like it's intermittent, which makes it hard for the dealership/mechanic to diagnose since it may not happen while they have the vehicle.

·
Registered
109 Posts
So I think with my issue I just changed my rear tires to a wider but shorter tread being a 265 40 18 vs 235 45 18 so it's picking up the difference

·
Registered
38 Posts
No need to get roudy man. I apologize for my rudeness of misreading the problem, I should be punished. It will never happen again.

·
Abominable Mustang
1,848 Posts
So I think with my issue I just changed my rear tires to a wider but shorter tread being a 265 40 18 vs 235 45 18 so it's picking up the difference
That really shouldn't be your issue because those two tire sizes are the same overall height at just over 26", meaning their revolutions per mile are almost identical.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Guy at Ford told me smaller rears are 1/4" difference so they spin faster then fronts causing the traction control to kick on will be buying new tires Friday so I'll update Saturday to see if it fixes the problem or not

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
OP might want to get under the car, unbolt the abs sensors and clean then. Mine did some bad things as well randomly simply because dirt/mud had caked over it. Haven't had an issue since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
On other vehicles, I have seen low air pressure in 1 tire trigger strange events. I doubt that's your case, but pretty easy to check, along with cleaning the sensor. My dealership experience has been, "there is nothing wrong with your car. Ever. It's just how they are" - so, try the easy stuff at home :)

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Where is the sensor at anybody know by chance

Follow the only wires that end up near the hubs/axles. You will have brake lines and abs sensor. That's about it. If you want a Better view, find the exploded view of the online service manual... http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=499. If I recall that is for the 2011 but it should be relevant for much of the 2011-14.

A set of ramps will make it easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts