Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've just notice theres a rattle in the rear end of my stang when I hit little bumps or railroad tracks things like that ... Any suggestions on what it could be ?? I've checked the trunk to make sure there nothing in there... Lol but I'm thinking it could be the bumper or I got my car lowered a couple months ago do u think something could have came loose or broken ?.....

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea It more of a loud rattle like a rumble ... :/ like something's loose or is bouncing ... Cuz I have had my mufflers rattle and I fixed them before but this don't sound the same ...

·
Registered
48 Posts
I bought my 'stang a year ago and it took me a couple months to figure it out:

My car has aftermarket Flowmasters on and it seems like the passenger side pipe from the Y to the muffler rubs some kind of a support bar all the time. It was an annoying noise on any bump. I've put some rubber between the pipe and bar and went away instantly. Not sure why the pipe on the driver's side clears but not the passenger side.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm that could be it ima get under her this Saturday to find out what it really is so I'll let y'all know ...

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey OP, Did you ever figure it out? I recently noticed a rattling coming from mine as well.

I figured it out for my car, but all could be different but what I figured out is that when my car recently got lower several months back... the pipes under my car sat a lot closer to the car and on bumps the pipes would rattle against the bottom of the car... this was the noise I was hearing... easy fix just had the guys down at ford move them around to where no pipes connected with anything else... let me know what happens!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I figured it out for my car, but all could be different but what I figured out is that when my car recently got lower several months back... the pipes under my car sat a lot closer to the car and on bumps the pipes would rattle against the bottom of the car... this was the noise I was hearing... easy fix just had the guys down at ford move them around to where no pipes connected with anything else... let me know what happens!
Thanks for the quick reply.

I climbed under the car to look for things mentioned in this thread. My exhaust pipe is rubbing the tub for the spare tire when I hit a bump, There is only around a 1/8" gap. It is probably from a combination of the 3" piping and the lowering kit (Pro-kit). I plan on jacking the car and trying to bend the pipe or the part of the tub it is rubbing.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the quick reply.

I climbed under the car to look for things mentioned in this thread. My exhaust pipe is rubbing the tub for the spare tire when I hit a bump, There is only around a 1/8" gap. It is probably from a combination of the 3" piping and the lowering kit (Pro-kit). I plan on jacking the car and trying to bend the pipe or the part of the tub it is rubbing.
Yep that's exactly what mine was doing!! Hope that does it for ya! Mine went away after I did the fix :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
It's usually always been exhaust in my (or my friend's) case, I never got my exhaust rattle until.. Well, after my exhaust.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I had the same problem only over bumpy roads, bumps, and rail road tracks.. Im going to school to be a mechanic and checked TSB'S for my 2007 and found alot of people had the same complaint i did and it was either you need new exhaust hangers or new lower control arms for the rear something about the bushings going bad plus it will reduce your wheel hop on launch and the aftermarket ones look alot better the stock ones are ****. I bought both because the noise was driving me insane and the noise is gone. Hope this helps..

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts