Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 Mustang Convertible, and it has the Mach stereo system installed in it. Whenever I turn the volume up more than like 3 notches, and ESPECIALLY whenever I turn the bass up, there is a rattling in the passenger door speaker whenever there is bass in the song. What could be the problem and how would I go about fixing it? Thanks

·
Banned
321 Posts
If its the speaker and not the plastic parts of the door etc... It would be a blown speaker... You would have to buy a new speaker to replace it.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
I'll sell ya stock speakers..have 6 of them...about to have 8. How bout 10 bucks plus shipping. 2 for 15 plus shipping. 4 for 25 plus shipping. 6 for 35 plus shipping. 8 for 45 plus shipping lol. I might could muster up a few more from my closet if need be lol

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Probably the surround rubber or foam that attaches the speaker frame to the cone pr the voice coil is toast. Moisture in the door usually rots the speaker

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright, I'll have to look more into the problem to find out exactly what's rattling before I decide what to do next.

·
Registered
65 Posts
if you replace the speaker, do yourself a favor and replace all the speakers with good aftermarket speakers. you would be amazed at the difference.

i just took my subs out, and replaced them with a couple of fosgate 6x9s with ~ 125 watts going to each of those speakers. they sound a lot better than my factory speakers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts