Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to the guy at Midas about installing flowmasters and he said he could get them for me but I would be wasting my money. He said that Ravin is much better than them. He gave me a booklet with a chart in it that says it gets more flow than Flowmaster, and he said he could install Dual Ravin's for me for around $200. What do you guys think?

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Ravin is into imports mostly. They have their Z class mufflers for z28's and Mustangs but I wouldnt get them personally.

About what the guy said about them outflowing flowmasters:

Their shop probably has a promotion with Ravin going on. In most cases they arent looking out for you they are looking out for their pockets ;)

So I would stick with a name brand like Dynomax, Flowmasters, Flowpaths etc.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
pretty decent mufflers, my dad put duals on a 4.0 ranger and it sounds pretty mean...i wouldn't see why they don't out flow the flowmasters, they don't have any walls to bounce off of. kinda has a wave down the middle of the muffler.Not a bad way to get duals IMO

·
Banned
321 Posts
I ordered my Flowmaster kit from Summit Racing, and had a local speed shop put my exhaust on for 100 bucks... I am happy with the purchase, install, and sound.

Personally... I wouldnt let Midas, Bandy's, Pepboys, or any of the other chain stores touch my car. About Ravin being better than Flowmaster or any of the other brands...
I asked my buddy at the speed shop I goto and he laughed... He also said the same thing as the other post(s) above, "They probably stock Ravin and/or get a really good deal on thier exhaust products, then turn around and over charge to make money."

I say find youself a speed shop to goto and stay away from chain stores... Just my opinion though (dont wanna get flamed on this bored) :uhh:

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
I think pretty much everybody likes the smaller, non chain stores over the chain stores like pep boys etc.

kaper232 said:
I say find youself a speed shop to goto and stay away from chain stores... Just my opinion though (dont wanna get flamed on this bored) :uhh:
dont worry too much about being flamed on. There's only a couple flamers here, oh, and btw, have you seen n8r's new car? check it out!

http://www.mustang-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7327

:peace: :peace: :peace:

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
I am not a fan of Midas but to argue about how Ravins sux is stupid. The fact is almost every aftermarket performance muffler outflows Flowmaster. People buy Flowmasters for 3 reasons

1. They are loud
2. Everyone else has them (there are millionsof cars with them)
3. Almost every muffler shop other than midas sells them (which answers #2)

Now I am not saying Flowmasters are bad but with all the damn baffles in them it slows down exhaust flow and that is a fact.

Ravins are good flowing mufflers they are just to quiet for most.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts