Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got raxiom fog lights from American muscle for Christmas. What cords or wires do I need an where do I get them

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
just get two feet of spare wire and wire them to the amber lights and call it a day.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
run a wire to the constant power wire on the amber...then run a wire from the bulb to the headlight ground...very simple and you're done

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,878 Posts
I got raxiom fog lights from American muscle for Christmas. What cords or wires do I need an where do I get them
I used 10 gauge wires with crimp ends and stripped the wire to show the metal put a crimp end over it and slid it over the metal part of the fog light. Same thing as a wire harness.
Sienna,

That's an awesome Christmas present! Like V6in said, some 10 Gauge wire and Crimp ends should do the trick. Get about 2 feet of wire, just in case you need some extra!

Since the V6 doesn't come with Fog Lights from Ford, you do have to make your own Wiring harness!

I hope this helps. Hit up my CS team if you have any questions! Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. I can also have one of them call you directly.

-Dan

·
Registered
171 Posts
run a wire to the constant power wire on the amber...then run a wire from the bulb to the headlight ground...very simple and you're done

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/89/img20121116184911int.gif/

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Hey that hand looks kind of familiar... ;) ha

But as what others have said, just wire them bad boys to the ambers and plug into the lights with female crimp ends. I actually bought some pig tails to put on but ended up not using them because the crimped ends seem better IMHO.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
well i just bought Marks old fogs (well about too) and when it comes in i'll do a step by step since i'm ugrading my wires gauge to handle an HID kit

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No local stores had it. Can someone let me know where I can acquire the pigtail wire for cheap. Ford wants 35$ a piece. I'm not sure if the link provided above is the right size can someone confirm that for me thank you. The bulb size is 899

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
any pigtail from 880-899 will fit those bulbs...i know Advance has them because we sell them for about $5.99 each...but why not just use some female crimp end? you can buy a pack of them for $2.50 basically and do both bulbs and have crimp ends to spare

·
Registered
362 Posts
any pigtail from 880-899 will fit those bulbs...i know Advance has them because we sell them for about $5.99 each...but why not just use some female crimp end? you can buy a pack of them for $2.50 basically and do both bulbs and have crimp ends to spare
Would u say the pig tails are more secure though? My crimp ends I have electrical tape around them w 10 gauge wire and what not. It sometimes gets loose and winds up going out and I have to re-do them

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
then you need smaller crimp ends...mine are a very tight fit and i don't have tape on them

1 - 20 of 38 Posts