Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got one for my 2015 paid to have it installed and it doesn't work, after trying to get it to work tech took it out to find it was extremely hot to the touch. Wow I just paid 357.22 to find one of their defected units and I'm the guy out of money how special is that. Don't waste your money guys.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
sounds like wtty to me...did the installer supply it? If so it's his problem. If you supplied it hopefully he'll cut you a deal for the 2nd install.

·
Registered
29 Posts
sounds like wtty to me...did the installer supply it? If so it's his problem. If you supplied it hopefully he'll cut you a deal for the 2nd install.
no I got it from American Muscle for an xmas gift, and CarToy a national audio installer will not give refunds of any sort. Basically its not their faults and the installer did his job. What it comes down to is I'm one of the unlucky people who got a poor system and paid the price at a tune of 357.00. I'm returning the defected item so that the person who bought it for me can at least get their money back. Honestly I don't want to afford another install with a possibility of another bad system. Another install would be another 357 plus the cost of the unit and thats pushing 1600. Nope can't see doing that. I just can't put trust in this company at this point.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Raxiom..ugh

Are you sure the installer didn't **** something up in the wiring?

Instagram: @v6beast
They open it twice and went over everything and even call AM who said sorry call Rosen.... Rosen wasn't in today or wasn't picking up. I would have left the system in my car until I could talk with someone who could do something but once I was told the unit was putting out great amounts of heat that it shouldnt, I didn't want to take another chance on something even worst happening. Once they put my stock system back in everything work wonderful. Honestly, this is why I didn't want to try to do it myself because I wanted it done right, but seems all that happened was a waste of money and time. I just want others to know one person experiences seeing as there is nothing but glowing reviews on AM site.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
no, Raxiom quality is garbage.
looks good, but total cheap junk.
same as my taillights.
i was trying to return/exchange them with AM, then they stopped supporting MEVO.
so now i have no taillights. :(

Sent from my iPhone 7+

·
Registered
562 Posts
I really wanted a Raxiom until I started reading so many issues with them. That and SR Performance are on my DO NOT BUY list. Only thing I have left that's SRP is my sway bars and that's pretty hard to screw up lol.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Raxiom ugh

I really wanted a Raxiom until I started reading so many issues with them. That and SR Performance are on my DO NOT BUY list. Only thing I have left that's SRP is my sway bars and that's pretty hard to screw up lol.
I can't believe that I spent a bunch of money and for nothing, and as a consumer my only mistake was buying into a companies claims, and at this point no way for me to get anything that I originally paid for without spending even more money, it's like a crappy joke. I never even got the return phone call by the end of the day and my only recourse is to ***** and moan on social media. I swear this just ain't right.

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Been saying it for years now, DON'T BUY ANYTHING RAXIOM, over priced and absolute garbage!
Op sorry to read yet another Raxiom horror story. AM stop selling their garbage already!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Did you buy it used? I see you said you said you paid $357 for it. That's half the MSRP. I had one in my 14' stang and absolutely loved it. Sold mine used out of that car after it got totaled and got $350 for it is why I ask. (Similar used prices.) May be some other possibilities to your unit's woes.

·
Registered
29 Posts
No I paid 357 to have it installed, it was boughtt brand new as a xmas gift .id be less upset if was just I bought it cause I can return it but can't returning the install. I wanted it done by a professionally because doing mods and such isn't my strong point.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
It's a six hour job doing the install. At least half was running the backup camera. There is some heat shielding wrap that goes around inner components of audio compartment so I'm not surprised it was "hot". RMA that puppy.

·
Registered
29 Posts
With the 15 the camera is already in the car, I didn't see any heat shield in the box. I had to pervious model in my 2012 mustang and had very few problems so I thought this would be ok for my 15.... nope not the case.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
With no camera install, that's a pretty large fee for doing the install. ($100+ per hour labor). You probably got a bum unit but I wouldn't rule out what DIESeven said either.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm going to call Rosen and talk with a tech and if they say the symptoms sound like a bad install then I'm going back to car toy and hash it out with them, since I'm not mechanically inclined I'm stuck here not knowing what the issues is.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Supervisor

Spoke with an AM supervisor he told me they don't pay shop fees, I hadn't ask them too, I asked for help fixing this issue and all I got was " all we do is ship out the parts what you do with them is not on us." Called Rosen their tech people are in another state and someone will call me back, American muscle says oh we can do a return or a refund. So I don't know if it was a install mistake or a bad unit, supervisor says sounds like a bad install I didn't even tell him my issues this is all before I got hung up on and then when I called back I was transferred and then called Brian, he didn't even know who he was talking to in the first place, I hope Brian got more help and concern then myself. Then they didn't really want to talk to me because my names not on the purchase order....it was an xmas gift. Of course my names not on the credit card that bought it otherwise the gift would have been from me. So I wouldn't even have a warranty later (I'm assuming) because my other half used their card. Really wtf. No help no advocating for this customer

·
Registered
274 Posts
I'm going to call Rosen and talk with a tech and if they say the symptoms sound like a bad install then I'm going back to car toy and hash it out with them, since I'm not mechanically inclined I'm stuck here not knowing what the issues is.
Might see if there's a mevo member around you that's willing to do the installation for a case of beer ;). I know they're different models but my '11 raxiom took me about a hour to do and I have no issues (except when I'm on SAT the rest of the touchscreen doesn't work so I have to use the buttons to get back to AM/FM) but I bet that's a software. Units like raxiom are usually an easy install.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
29 Posts
Might see if there's a mevo member around you that's willing to do the installation for a case of beer ;). I know they're different models but my '11 raxiom took me about a hour to do and I have no issues (except when I'm on SAT the rest of the touchscreen doesn't work so I have to use the buttons to get back to AM/FM) but I bet that's a software. Units like raxiom are usually an easy install.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
This is crazy. This is the worst experience I have ever had even buying my car wasn't this full of crap and dogging and basic.y not our problem.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Good luck with support from AM

I bought an Air Lift Performance kit from them a few months back.

Over $3000 for this thing and they screwed up the shipment. Left $1000 worth of stuff out of the shipment.

Took about 5 emails and over 5 calls to finally get them to shop out the other have of the management part of the system. Basically all they sent was the tank and the 4 struts/bags. So I couldn't even start installing until I had the other parts.

A week after they finally got the package delivered... they called to tell me they were still working getting it shipped to me. WTF?

After that they tried claiming against UPS for a lost box but when UPS called I verified that the label stated box 1 of 1 and the part that I received stated 2 of 2... they never shipped one of the boxes.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts