Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought the Raxiom Nav system from AM a few months ago.
The system installed fine but would get stuck into a constant reboot loop after a day. Checked and rechecked install instructions. I called Rosen (software creators) with no luck. They even sent be a new data card and everything but it was still defective. Called AM, sent replacement, no problem.

Received second unit, now the Nav and Display buttons don't work on the face of the unit. They would get stuck down when you press them and there was also something wrong with the sound of the unit through the speakers (faulty harnesses they said). Ended up getting frustrated and just returned to AM for refund.

Few months later, it looks like a nice system and I still wanted it, just a working one...
Ordered another one and received it. The unit definitely looks used. By now I am expert on their packaging, I know how they send these units and this unit didn't come nearly as nicely packaged as the last two. It didn't come in a nice white box with sealed bags, inside the UPS box. The unit was just thrown into the UPS box with the styrofoam and paper. All the bags were previously torn open and taped shut.
Worst of all, there are extremely noticeable scratches/damage to the plastic dash that holds the screen.

Willing to pay $700 for this unit... Is the quality control really that bad???

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Pic 5
Pic 6

·
Registered
425 Posts
Got my spoiler from them also, some spots I could tell it was oversprayed and some paint imperfections on the bottom of the spoiler. I still decided to install it, even tho it kind of bothers me it's there. ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1439001637.134905.jpg they should always check an item before they ship, and avoid issues like these.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
578 Posts
I feel like they are making so much money and such a high demand that mass production goes up and quality control goes down. I have nothing bad to say about them but I have heard a lot of complaints lately.

2013 Premium Performance White

Bama 91 Race tune, GT500 blue racing stripes with matching hash marks and side stripe, cold air intake, Flowmaster super 44s with Roush 4" tips, CDC performance grille, side scoops, painted white quarter windows, all lights tinted

Last Mod: Bama 91 Race Tune

IG: chaznungaray

·
Registered
224 Posts
Just curious - is your car a Sync car or not? I was looking at these too...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just curious - is your car a Sync car or not? I was looking at these too...
Yes, you need sync for this one.
They make a non-sync version too.

Wouldn't recommend it... Im still trying to get a non-defective unit lol
Still no word from AM on this though...

K

·
0 Posts
I don't think it is just AM. It is just Raxiom products in general. Everything from the NAV To the light bulbs.

Sorry to hear about your experience/ordeal. I hope it all gets resolved.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't think it is just AM. It is just Raxiom products in general. Everything from the NAV To the light bulbs.

Sorry to hear about your experience/ordeal. I hope it all gets resolved.
Funny you say that.
I got the Raxiom LED interior dome lights and license plate lights last year.
All of them were replaced under warranty within first few months.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Raxiom, SR Performance and a few others are AM's in house brands. A big tell tale sign is if you can't easily find/buy on their own sites when you google them ;)

Does that also include MMD?

·
Registered
118 Posts
They once shipped me the wrong Raxiom product... and I had to pay full shipping to return it. I just kept it and said 'never again'. :|
Seriously!? I would have emailed/called and said to send me a prepaid shipping label. If they refuse do a charge back on your credit card.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts