Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed these last night. What do you think? Headlights seem to not be very powerful (I know they aren't on in the pic) anyone else have these?

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood

·
Registered
45 Posts
They look great. Did you get the upgraded bulbs?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Oh, You used to be able to get upraded bulbs for alitle more $$ when you ordered them.

Alot of people who have those headlights find that the stock bulbs dont put out much light.

Its an H9 bulb so you can find those at AutoZone or online. Drive alittle at night and decide if you need to upgrade them. It would only take a few mintues to change out the bulb.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Where did you find the HID's?
I got mine from a local shop. I went with 6000k at first but I wasn't happy with the light output so, I had them swap me out for some 4300k bulbs.

I would still love to retrofit my stock lights with some projectors that could handle 55w HIDs but, it is not cheap.

·
Registered
272 Posts
What type of hid set did u use I've been looking for hids for mine but can't find them
I honestly don't know who makes the ballasts but, they are digital 35w ballasts. The bulbs are Morimoto 4300k H9's. The Morimoto bulbs are probably overpriced but I had one bad one and they replaced it no questions asked.

A lot of people swear by DDMTuning's kits. I don't have any experience with them so, I can't tell you.

·
Registered
223 Posts
How do the hid lights work with the led lights and the halo ring of the housung

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

How do the hid lights work with the led lights and the halo ring of the housung
Housing *

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
Just installed these last night. What do you think? Headlights seem to not be very powerful (I know they aren't on in the pic) anyone else have these?

View attachment 87395
those types of projectors aren't very bright kind of a let down i know....HIDs are not rated for raxiom projectors. you do risk melting them. If you want HIDs in projectors you'll want HID rated ones...at least in the 94-09 raxiom kits. may not be the case in the newer cars..

if you decide to try hids take a shot here

DDM Tuning 35W and 55W HID Kits

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
Raxiom now markets HID projector replacement lamps for factory HID 'Stangs. If I were buying, I'd get them and run HIDs.

I still love how they look.
that's good...wish raxiom had even considered putting quality projectors in their other products like that

·
Registered
272 Posts
The Raxioms are fine for HIDs as long as you run 35w.

My guess is that the new ones that are made for HIDs are the exact same housings with different wiring for the factory HID setup.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I did have to adjust mine. It is really easy to do.

Also, I did not reseal mine and I did not have a problem with them for the year that I had them.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts