Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I own a 2014 Mustang Convertible, that I wanted to upgrade the radio in...I found an ad from a guy who was selling a Raxiom Radio from American Muscle that his father bought for a mustang but never installed. So I took a chance an purchased the thing. It arrived and it is all brand new never installed shape. It is the Raxion unit from Rosen Entertainment systems, the RAX-MUST10X-CA that was sold by American muscle. Installation wasn't too bad and everything seems to work just fine. Where I am having an issue is with updating the maps on the system. In the manual they say to contact Naviextras.com and use the Rosen DBN Mustang as your device. I do that and it says to download the synctool, which I do and unzip according to the directions to a USB thumb drive formatted in FAT32 and larger than 4GB (im using 16GB). However when I put the usb thumb drive into the designated USB cord labeled for map updates and system updates, the unit does nothing it just sits there. They say to have the unit running in navigation mode which is what I do, but nothing happens...Ive tried having the car running, not running, I waited over an hour to see if anything would happen, but nothing does...I am at a loss of what to do, I've seen other posts out here with similar problem but didn't seems to have a resolution, wondered if anyone else had this problem and worked around it or figured out the issue. Both Naviextras and Rosen(which is now Audiovox) have been no help blaming each other for the issue. I know the USB cord for updating is working because the the USB drive lights up when plugged into the head unit. At this point I can't update the maps. Thanks

·
Registered
439 Posts
I don’t have this unit, so this is just a guess based on considerable experience with various operating systems, USB hardware, and file systems.

My guess would be that the USB thumb drive controller isn’t properly recognized or compatible with the Raxiom USB port/reader.

Try a few different brands. Don’t go over much over the required size, often incompatible problems come up with larger drive sizes and newer controllers.

Believe it or not, usually cheap/old technology Thumb drives are more compatible. Look for USB2 drives instead of USB3.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I
I don’t have this unit, so this is just a guess based on considerable experience with various operating systems, USB hardware, and file systems.

My guess would be that the USB thumb drive controller isn’t properly recognized or compatible with the Raxiom USB port/reader.

Try a few different brands. Don’t go over much over the required size, often incompatible problems come up with larger drive sizes and newer controllers.

Believe it or not, usually cheap/old technology Thumb drives are more compatible. Look for USB2 drives instead of USB3.
Thanks for the reply...I tried that with several brands and still a no go...I think the cable is working as the USB lights up and flashes but still the radio doesn't do anything. I tried Kingston, San Disk and PNY brands. Each 4 GB formatted FAT32. But still nothing happens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts