Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to get some Raxiom headlights for my 2010 v6. Are they worth it? advantages and disadvantages?

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Browse around here and you'll see the raxioms look nice but don't perform. Plus the tint makes the light not want to shine through. The chrome allows it but its too blingy. My .02

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Whitelightning said:
Browse around here and you'll see the raxioms look nice but don't perform. Plus the tint makes the light not want to shine through. The chrome allows it but its too blingy. My .02
Your right, the tint is too dark that it doesn't allow light to shine through at least not enough. And the chrome are obnoxious lol you can fix the issue with HIDs on the smoked ones. You can better then stock but not too much better so yea if you get them buy some HIDs to go with them. 6000K so it's pure white!

·
Registered
881 Posts
image-2134844846.jpg

I have the raxiom smoked projector ccfl halos too.
I found some BA replacements at autozone that I used in my 300zx. $59.99 a pair.
I had these installed at a local body shop.
My ? is, how the hell do you swap the actually lights out?
I surely don't wanna pay another $250 to have the front end removed just to swap bulbs

·
Registered
881 Posts
I'll get at it tomorrow

I think the bulbs I bought for an upgrade are actually the same bulbs that come with the housings. Back to the drawing board on that one.

·
Registered
881 Posts
brywolf90 said:
Trying to get some Raxiom headlights for my 2010 v6. Are they worth it? advantages and disadvantages?
Make sure you get an upgraded bulb before you have them installed. The bulbs that come with them SUCK!!!!!!

·
Abominable Mustang
1,926 Posts
Here's an idea that just came to me. Is it possible to swap out raxiom's smoked lenses with the oem clear ones? You'd still get the aggressive look because of the black housing but the clear lenses would allow more light onto the road.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Florida3.7L said:
Here's an idea that just came to me. Is it possible to swap out raxiom's smoked lenses with the oem clear ones? You'd still get the aggressive look because of the black housing but the clear lenses would allow more light onto the road.
And I guarantee you someone would love to take the lens haha to have smoked headlights :) I think it would work...

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Florida3.7L said:
You mean take the black lens off and put it on the oem halogen? That seems like a dumb idea. Not enough light output for me.

·
Abominable Mustang
1,926 Posts
You mean take the black lens off and put it on the oem halogen? That seems like a dumb idea. Not enough light output for me.
Not swap the projector and refractor portions but the outer lens. Like this:

And then transfer the clear lens from the oem headlights over to the raxiom black housings.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts