1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
17,968 Posts
Install will be like any PnP HID kit. Wire the ballasts in, install the HIDs in the housings and then plug the bulbs into the ballasts.

That said, you are wasting your money. The Raxiom projectors are not designed for HIDs and the cutoff will be wonky if its even a clean cutoff at all. It will not be like a true OEM/Retrofit, been there done that and if your cutoff is really bad you will be blinding oncoming traffic not to mention you won't be able to see well either.

A good halogen bulb is going to be plenty bright and will just plug right in. If you are not bright enough to see properly, consider getting Philps Xtreme Power bulbs or Osram Night Breakers. Don't get Sylvania Silverstars, their output is actually lower than an OEM Philips bulb from Ford.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Install will be like any PnP HID kit. Wire the ballasts in, install the HIDs in the housings and then plug the bulbs into the ballasts.

That said, you are wasting your money. The Raxiom projectors are not designed for HIDs and the cutoff will be wonky if its even a clean cutoff at all. It will not be like a true OEM/Retrofit, been there done that and if your cutoff is really bad you will be blinding oncoming traffic not to mention you won't be able to see well either.

A good halogen bulb is going to be plenty bright and will just plug right in. If you are not bright enough to see properly, consider getting Philps Xtreme Power bulbs or Osram Night Breakers. Don't get Sylvania Silverstars, their output is actually lower than an OEM Philips bulb from Ford.
How would I be blinding other drivers? This is a reflector housing and its smoked also I know its not designed for HIDs but I have read of many people running HIDs through them without any problems.

·
Super Moderator
17,968 Posts
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f312/t355196/

What you have read is not accurate. You cannot safely run a plug and play HID setup in a reflector housing. You can't aim them and they spray light everywhere. Either get a legit retrofit done or don't run them.

Reactions: dorkdog

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
THEY won't have any problems, but HID's in a reflector housing blind other drivers and it can impact your visibility badly.

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

Just get a proper retrofit.

·
Super Moderator
17,968 Posts
You mean reflector housing...

Also a projector with halogens in mind will not have a correct HID cutoff. Ask me how I know... Although they will usually have a cutoff to at least prevent other drivers from being blinded.

Yes just get a retrofit which usually runs $500 or so. Or save your money and pay $40 for a set of good halogens and put the other $460 into making the car perform better.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Could anyone else direct me to a thread or someone who has the raxiom headlights with the halogen bulbs in them so I can see how the light output is I would appreciate it thanks!

·
Super Moderator
17,968 Posts
I saw your PM but I got side tracked right after I saw it so sorry about that. I do not have any pics of the Xtremes with a smoked housing. I actually do not recommend a smoked housing at all if you are worried about overall output. Too many ppl are running blue tinted lights with smoked housings and are down well under what the OEM lights put out. I would only run a smoked housing if you had a legit HID retrofit with 4300k bulbs.

Google images or the AM review pictures are probably going to be your best bet.

And regardless, the Philips Xtreme Power is currently the highest intensity/best focused halogen bulb on the market for the 9008/H13 socket.

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-9008-X-treme-Power-Replacement/dp/B00480KPLW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1439601525&sr=8-2&keywords=philips+xtreme+power+9008

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I saw your PM but I got side tracked right after I saw it so sorry about that. I do not have any pics of the Xtremes with a smoked housing. I actually do not recommend a smoked housing at all if you are worried about overall output. Too many ppl are running blue tinted lights with smoked housings and are down well under what the OEM lights put out. I would only run a smoked housing if you had a legit HID retrofit with 4300k bulbs.

Google images or the AM review pictures are probably going to be your best bet.

And regardless, the Philips Xtreme Power is currently the highest intensity/best focused halogen bulb on the market for the 9008/H13 socket.

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-9008-X-treme-Power-Replacement/dp/B00480KPLW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1439601525&sr=8-2&keywords=philips+xtreme+power+9008
Thanks how long is their life span I know its less then an average bulb but what would be a ruff estimate?

·
Registered
19 Posts
(snip)
I actually do not recommend a smoked housing at all if you are worried about overall output. Too many ppl are running blue tinted lights with smoked housings and are down well under what the OEM lights put out.
(snip)
Finally someone sort of agrees with me! I'm all about making my car look cool and all; I have painted my calipers and done some other cosmetic stuff, but at the expense of safety I have to draw the line. To me it is as absurd to reduce the light output of my safety and positioning lamps by covering them with black film as it would be to lubricate my rotors and pads - on a car that is driven, of course. Show cars - completely different story!

·
Super Moderator
17,968 Posts
For tail lights I'm not against smoking them but headlights should never be IMO.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
By any chance could you direct me to a thread that perhaps has pictures of the halogen bulbs in the Raxiom headlights?
Look further down in the "reminder" link above and you will see an excellent example of the kind of light scatter you are going to get doing this...........people who do this mod always earn my high beam salute............please don't even consider doing this.

·
Super Moderator
17,968 Posts
He said halogens...

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Super Moderator
17,968 Posts
Generally, aftermarket headlights come with **** bulbs if they come with them at all. And if Raxiom stuff includes Raxiom bulbs then that holds true lol. Philips Xtremes for halogens or HIRs (which are also Philips) if you get a 9005/9006 housing. Xtreme Vision for the 04-down 9007 housings and Xtreme Power for the 9008 05+ housings.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
I have the Raxiom smoked halo headlights and run HID's. They are 35W 6000k and they work great. You will not melt the headlights. Don't go over 35W and you will be fine. No issues with mine and been using them for over a year.

Non ?and non ?fed. I $uck!

·
Super Moderator
17,968 Posts
I have the Raxiom smoked halo headlights and run HID's. They are 35W 6000k and they work great. You will not melt the headlights. Don't go over 35W and you will be fine. No issues with mine and been using them for over a year.

Post a pic of your cutoff.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
I'll take all the pictures you want boss. I'll do it later today when I get home. I'm working the night shift now. Lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts