Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got pulled over this morning for tinted tail lights. Only got a warning, but now I will have to change them. I had no idea it was a state law, I was only aware of the window tinting issues. I have had these for 8 months with no problems. This is the only reason he stopped me.

But why isn't there a note for the tail lights that they may be illegal in your state? AM doesn't even give a hint of there being a possible problem. Other companies have this note and suggest that you all them to find out for sure. Now I have wasted almost $150.

Also I requested a discount through PM with no response, I guess I am shifting my business to someone else.:mad:

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
u had no idea it was illegal to have tinted tails here in tx?
Nope, I figured if you tinted yourself, it could be too dark. That's why I bought already tinted, thinking they would within whatever parameters.

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
I got pulled over this morning for tinted tail lights. Only got a warning, but now I will have to change them. I had no idea it was a state law, I was only aware of the window tinting issues. I have had these for 8 months with no problems. This is the only reason he stopped me.

But why isn't there a note for the tail lights that they may be illegal in your state? AM doesn't even give a hint of there being a possible problem. Other companies have this note and suggest that you all them to find out for sure. Now I have wasted almost $150.

Also I requested a discount through PM with no response, I guess I am shifting my business to someone else.:mad:
Accusing the company you bought the tail lights from is a completely immature response to you getting pulled over, whenever dealing with tint it is YOUR responsibility to check your state laws and not rely on the company to tell you if they are legal or not. They are responsible for selling the products, not keeping you out of trouble with the law.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Soccerluvr4 said:
Accusing the company you bought the tail lights from is a completely immature response to you getting pulled over, whenever dealing with tint it is YOUR responsibility to check your state laws and not rely on the company to tell you if they are legal or not. They are responsible for selling the products, not keeping you out of trouble with the law.
+1, maybe not as harshly though lol.

I have no idea if it's legal here in Wisconsin but I bought them anyways. Not AMs fault.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not blaming them for getting pulled over. I'm saying that most companies give you a heads up that something is not legal in all states. Just like many products say , not legal in CA. I bought some new ones from a different company, they actually had a note that it may not be legal on all states and to call to verify. It's good customer service.

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
I'm not blaming them for getting pulled over. I'm saying that most companies give you a heads up that something is not legal in all states. Just like many products say , not legal in CA. I bought some new ones from a different company, they actually had a note that it may not be legal on all states and to call to verify. It's good customer service.
I totally get what you are talking about but i personally always do my research first.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
What's so hard to understand about a note saying "may not be legal in all 50 states"
I'm pissed the cop was such a chickensh•%. I typically do a lot of research, but trusted AM would give a heads up. I've had great experiences with them in the past.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Damn....I'm banned from Texas too :(

·
Registered
406 Posts
Yeah in Texas you get pulled for tinted tail lights, my buddy kept his stock lights in the back, and when the cop asked he said he was just about to replace the stock lights

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,878 Posts

Aggiesrok,

I'm really sorry we didn't mention on our site that these aren't 50 state legal. All tint, headlight, taillight, Window tint ectt.. is usually "illegal". However most county's really don't give you a problem, even in Texas it took them 8+ months to say something to you.

I'm really glad that they just gave you a warning. Shoot me a PM with your order number included and I'll look into your order and see if there's anything I can do! I'm not sure who you PMed for the discount code, however I've just sent you over the code.

I would hate for this to ruin our relationship. We value very single customer and will always do whatever we can do make sure your satisfied. Please let me know if there's anything I can do for you!

- Dan

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
:good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good:

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Aggiesrok,

I'm really sorry we didn't mention on our site that these aren't 50 state legal. All tint, headlight, taillight, Window tint ectt.. is usually "illegal". However most county's really don't give you a problem, even in Texas it took them 8+ months to say something to you.

I'm really glad that they just gave you a warning. Shoot me a PM with your order number included and I'll look into your order and see if there's anything I can do! I'm not sure who you PMed for the discount code, however I've just sent you over the code.

I would hate for this to ruin our relationship. We value very single customer and will always do whatever we can do make sure your satisfied. Please let me know if there's anything I can do for you!

- Dan
Thanks for the response and the discount. It's good customer service to follow up on the sour ones. Thanks again.

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,878 Posts
Thanks for the response and the discount. It's good customer service to follow up on the sour ones. Thanks again.
Not a problem at all. I hate to see unhappy customers, like I said we'll always bend over backwards for you guys. Let me know if there's anything else I can do!

- Dan

·
Registered
269 Posts
Great job AM. Making things right when you did no wrong!

OP-So you saw on other sites that they weren't legal in all 50 states, but you didn't think to check your own state? You can't get mad at AM for now pointing that out to you. Just like when you buy a gun, they don't hold your hand and tell you they arent legal to carry in all 50 states. Not meant to be harsh, but come on, think a little.

·
Registered
269 Posts
TXstang125 said:
Well looks like I'm getting covers instead haha , if the cop pulls me over I'll just get out and take the covers off :)
Be careful with those too, they can still give you a ticket on the spot w/o even a chance to take them off. They know you will just put them back on when you get home. I had mine sprayed by a professional with a tinted clear coat. They still look stock but they are tinted. I have had cops even compliment me on them (in VA, and troopers are pricks here) and have had no problems.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts