Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Aggiesrok said:
Thanks for the response and the discount. It's good customer service to follow up on the sour ones. Thanks again.
Was it a city cop that pulled u over ?

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

WillysYJ said:
Be careful with those too, they can still give you a ticket on the spot w/o even a chance to take them off. They know you will just put them back on when you get home. I had mine sprayed by a professional with a tinted clear coat. They still look stock but they are tinted. I have had cops even compliment me on them (in VA, and troopers are pricks here) and have had no problems.
The ones I have right now are tinted but barley , and It's better to throw away $80 on covers than $200 on some bad ass smoked projectors headlights :( man I want some haha why can't they be legal );

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
TXstang125 said:
Was it a city cop that pulled u over ?

Yeah, Bryan city motorcycle cop. But I found some awesome Black LEDs with clear covers, DOT approved. They look a little like the 2013s and badass. I'll put them on Saturday and post a pic in the GT section.

·
Registered
29 Posts
You aren't told that the smoked tail lights may be illegal in your state for obvious reasons. There's money to be made here. They are not concerned with your duty as a safe driving citizen not to illegally modify your vehicle.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Yeah in Texas you get pulled for tinted tail lights, my buddy kept his stock lights in the back, and when the cop asked he said he was just about to replace the stock lights
---------------------------------------------------------------------You might tell your buddy that is really stupid. When most officers pull you over, they make a little entry into their database, so when he is stopped, the officer will already know this excuse has been used before. NOTHING worse than lying to a police officer. Not only will you get a ticket then, but every time you are stopped you will get a citation automatically.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Some one call a Wah-bulance.....

What's so hard to understand about a note saying "may not be legal in all 50 states"
I'm pissed the cop was such a chickensh•%. I typically do a lot of research, but trusted AM would give a heads up. I've had great experiences with them in the past.
So you didn't do your research and got stopped and are mad at the officer?

What's next? Does AM have to send someone to change your diaper?

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Those posts are 5 years old lol. ok, my car was tinted at the factory, therefore, NOT modified. Those are allowed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Those posts are 5 years old lol. ok, my car was tinted at the factory, therefore, NOT modified. Those are allowed.
The laws still apply. Although the thread is 5 years old there are those that may want to know this information don't you think?

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
The laws still apply. Although the thread is 5 years old there are those that may want to know this information don't you think?
Sure, but the persons he's replying too has probably been gone for years...

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
Bringing old threads back form the dead for a purpose is always a good thing.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I got pulled over this morning for tinted tail lights. Only got a warning, but now I will have to change them. I had no idea it was a state law, I was only aware of the window tinting issues. I have had these for 8 months with no problems. This is the only reason he stopped me.

But why isn't there a note for the tail lights that they may be illegal in your state? AM doesn't even give a hint of there being a possible problem. Other companies have this note and suggest that you all them to find out for sure. Now I have wasted almost $150.

Also I requested a discount through PM with no response, I guess I am shifting my business to someone else.:mad:
Could be the cop was having a **** day or you look very young, cops are known to mess with ppl that look young.
I used to get pulled over all the time for loud exhaust, but when I hit 35+ no more problems. Once (in my big block Camaro) that was VERY loud with a full exhaust, all the cop did was ask me to turn down my radio. The radio had to jam because that car was LOUD ! it was a 70 SS with a 427 and 4:11.
Fastest car I ever owned IMG_-8a3kbo.jpeg IMG_20180203_084105.jpeg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was pulled over for 80 in a 60 zone and he gave me a ticket for tinted windows. Where I live in California they don't pull people over for tint. Were you pulled over just for the tail lights?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I live in Illinois and I was pulled over by a State Trooper back in 1997 for my window tint... which was 30%. He told me to take it off or I would get a ticket next time he saw me. Which was great, because I had just had it put on two weeks prior! There went $100.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts