Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I busted my Rca's and I bought new ones and installed them, the ends of my RCA have red and the other one is black. Does the red RCA go into the red output on my deck and my amp? And the white output goes with the black end of my RCA?

·
Registered
803 Posts
99% Red is right side or positive. Consumer level products almost always color code to help customers with instal... As for your situation, you will want to connect red with red. And The black RCA to the white... wire color honestly does not matter as long as the red out of the stereo is hooked to the red input of the amp and the white is hooked to white... Otherwise everything will be out of phase and the system won't sound as good.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
99% Red is right side or positive. Consumer level products almost always color code to help customers with instal... As for your situation, you will want to connect red with red. And The black RCA to the white... wire color honestly does not matter as long as the red out of the stereo is hooked to the red input of the amp and the white is hooked to white... Otherwise everything will be out of phase and the system won't sound as good.
Perfect thNk you very much! Also reason why I bought Rca's is because my Rca's had broke into my amp, so that little stem that goes into the RCA is broke inside. And I've got one out but the other wont get out, any suggestions? This is what it looks like.

Attachments

·
Registered
289 Posts
Evolution said:
Perfect thNk you very much! Also reason why I bought Rca's is because my Rca's had broke into my amp, so that little stem that goes into the RCA is broke inside. And I've got one out but the other wont get out, any suggestions? This is what it looks like.
You could try opining the amp and pushing them out from the inside.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Evolution said:
I had done that with the red RCA, but the white one is low and I can't get anything on the inside to push it out, Plus I can't find a spot to push out the white one, there's no opening at all to do it.
You could try a dab of superglue on a tooth pick and glue it to the broken end so you could pull it out that way. Just be sure not to use to much glue and glue the broken end in.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You could try a dab of superglue on a tooth pick and glue it to the broken end so you could pull it out that way. Just be sure not to use to much glue and glue the broken end in.
Right, thanks. I'll give that a shot tonight sometime, hopefully that works because I've been working at it for like a solid hour picking at it with a little tool I have, and trying to get it out Ive picked off half of it. So I almost got it just want an easier way so I don't ruin anything.

·
Registered
289 Posts
If you had a narrow enough screw or drill bit you could try and get that to bite in to what's left and pull it out. Sorry I'm not coming up with a better solution. Just be careful I don't want you to wreck it! Let us know what happens.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you had a narrow enough screw or drill bit you could try and get that to bite in to what's left and pull it out. Sorry I'm not coming up with a better solution. Just be careful I don't want you to wreck it! Let us know what happens.
Ok thanks, maybe I'll try both if one doesn't succeed. I'll let you know what happens.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good luck!
Not having any luck at all, is there any cleaner that I can put in the RCA input that won't harm my amp?

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

Good luck!
No luck, can't get it out, I tried both methods and still in there and I don't want to ruin anything as its a really expensive amp. Is there anything else I could do? Like maybe a cleaner can get it out? Or take it to visions or future shop or what?

·
Registered
289 Posts
I suppose the options at this point would be to take it to a local car audio shop and see what they recommend, contact the manufacture of the amp and see if you can send it back for service, or see if you couldn't unsolder the old RCA connecter and solder in a new one.

·
Registered
803 Posts
You can spray some detox-it in there and not hurt anything... I have used compressed air before to get these out, nice & sticky chewing gum has worked too or some tape with the sticky side out.

If it is really stuck then you may have to replace that jack

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I suppose the options at this point would be to take it to a local car audio shop and see what they recommend, contact the manufacture of the amp and see if you can send it back for service, or see if you couldn't unsolder the old RCA connecter and solder in a new one.
Ok, ya Im thinking I might take it to a audio shop. That's probably my best bet so I don't ruin anything.

---------- Post added at 07:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 AM ----------

You can spray some detox-it in there and not hurt anything... I have used compressed air before to get these out, nice & sticky chewing gum has worked too or some tape with the sticky side out.

Compressed air sounds like it may work, I have a great compressor at home. Maybe give detox-it aswell. Thanks for the options.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Well hopefully it's not so stuck that I hVe to replace the jack but I'm taking it to an audio shop in about 2 hours. So I'll see how that goes.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Brought it to visions and they said for the price it would be for them to fix it would be too much and not worth it, they said they would have to take the whole amp apart. I find that bs but whatever. I don't know what to do.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Evolution said:
Brought it to visions and they said for the price it would be for them to fix it would be too much and not worth it, they said they would have to take the whole amp apart. I find that bs but whatever. I don't know what to do.
What kind of amp is it?

·
Registered
803 Posts
I don't usually recommend this but if you have tried everything else it is sometimes posable to push the broken pin inward enough for the new plug to fit. Not the best solution but if it works...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts