Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do i re adjust my clutch or can I not adjust it? the clutch has to be a little more then 3/4 out for it to engage. but when i pop the clutch it grabs hard and doesnt slip so i think the clutch should be fine.

·
Registered
219 Posts
your need a Clutch Adjuster Kit in order to make it to where you don't have to release the clutch so far. here is one. you can get them from alot of different places.

http://www.steeda.com/store/-catalog/ClutchAdjusterKits.htm

·
Registered
219 Posts
If you get one of those you can change it to how you like it.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
you lift up on the petal and push it down which will probably do nothing. You can get under there and push the petal down and ease out while you hold the pawl back off of the gear on the quadrent and make it take up slack but that usually dotn last long... if you ever touch the under side of the petal the adjustmetn is gone. I would buy an aftermarket quadretn and adjuster with the MM petal height adjustment.

·
Registered
113 Posts
:mad: if you're worried about your clutch then it should be fine according to how you described it but if you want to lower your clutch pedal then you need a quad. and adj. cable. gtrhipo.com has a good price but they are cheaper somewhere else i just can't remember. my clutch was making a squeeking sound so i installed the new quadrant and adjustable cable and the sound went away! i also adj. my clutch pedal to be more even with the brake pedal.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
just putting in a quadrent and cable will not lower the petal (well it can but you will not have any tention on the cable as you should) also get a Maximum motorsports petal height adjuster so that you can lower it and keep it adjusted right, you only want a half inch play before the cltuch starts to grab. just go down the road in 5th with cruise control on push the clutch in if you have .5 inches before the rpms start to come up your fine

·
Registered
113 Posts
:mad: there is a sort of mounting plate to the right of the clutch pedal with a few holes in it. i pushed my pedal down installed and 13mm head bolt with a 13mm od nut on it and a nut on the outside...then i let the pedal up and adj the cable. if i wanted it lower i would just put a rubber sleeve over the bolt...and that's it. it works beautifull along with my home-made semi-short throw shifter!

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
buy a steeda tri ax, b&m ripper those are the only 2 i like or a pro 5.0 base with a steeda handle the pro 5.0 handle suckxors

1 - 16 of 16 Posts