Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to run true duals. Gt-takeoffs seems like the option to go. As I understand it the y pipe will have to be cut in order for it to work properly. I would also like to buy Magnaflows, or Flowmaster Mufflers to replace the GT's stock ones. Are there any other parts I would need to convert to this dual exhaust system. I will probably have a shop install them anyway. Will my rear need to be altered or can the pipes hang underneath my 7.5 body. im getting frustrated because the "performance" shop I went to tried to BS me, and he ended up telling me they couldnt install the gt takeoffs due to legality. Not many good shops close by >.<. im gonna try meineke soon.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
If its not a kit designed for the v6's Y pipe (such as takeoffs) then yes, youre going to have to cut the Y pipe and either get 1) custom fabricated H pip from that cut tot he takeoffs, or B) the pacesetter adapter. I recommend the pacesetter adapter... it's what Ive got on my car and I did all the installation myself. It comes with very clear instructions, and all parts needed. You've got a 99 so the tailpipe hangers will work just fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts