Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My First track day of the year was in February. Let's just say that it didn't go well. I had brake issues, more specifically vapor lock. Had about 50 to 60% brake capacity. I was running dot 3 fluid that was very much in need of changing.
I have a track day this Saturday and I have made major changes.
Motul 600 fluid
Ford racing brake cooling ducts
New front and rear rotors
Carbotech Xp-10/8 pads
295-35-19 and 275-35-19 toyo proxes T1 sport tires.
I think my car should do much better! Looking forward to Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

· Premium Member
17,619 Posts
Yea NorCal.... I plan to do the 3 major tracks around here. So I'm starting out with Thunderhill, then may go to Sonoma, and then Laguna Seca.

Sonoma is only 45 minutes from my school. So I plan to get familiar with it lol.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

· Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I look forward to seeing the video. I too will have some GoPro footage. I have been using an external mic clipped to my rear license tag. The sound is so much better and with no wind noise.

· Premium Member
719 Posts
South Dakota huh? I've been through South Dakota before on a road trip. Beautiful country! No tracks in your area?

I've done autox and the hills get spirited driving but that's really it. I'm not into 1/8th mile racing, but they have that in sturgis. They have a really nice mustang rally every year though. 4 days long.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.