Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a few new things to get ready for spring!!! Some new wheels, gt/cs spoiler, tail light tint and hopefully the tunes fixed for my girl!!! Anyone else counting down the days waiting??

·
Registered
518 Posts
You have no idea how badly I want Spring to come. Last year in March the average temp for Chicago was 82. It's currently high thirties. :(

GT500 wing and new wheels are waiting to be put on!

What wheels did you go with, Ash?!

·
Registered
730 Posts
I couldn't wait, in the last month or so I put on,
Roush axel backs,
GT 500 spoiler,
19" GT premium wheels with perilli tires,
GT 500 white stripes,
White rocker stripes,
Candy Apple red mirror covers.
Next will be 3.73 gears, tuner, barton two piece shifter bracket. Everything from AM of coarse. Hurry up spring, I'm so sick of snow. : (

·
Registered
672 Posts
Bought a few new things to get ready for spring!!! Some new wheels, gt/cs spoiler, tail light tint and hopefully the tunes fixed for my girl!!! Anyone else counting down the days waiting??
Nice little list of mods there! I just want to drive with my windows down again. I put the new exhaust on in the winter and haven't really heard it with the windows down yet haha.

·
Registered
32 Posts
just ordered new shift knob, boot retainer, raxiom headlights and smoked tailights, h13 bulbs, sr performance lowering springs, and my window louvers all from American Muscle. it should be here by next week its like Christmas in March :D

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
This is what happened to my car last month.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Red Alloy wheel

Now that it is fixed i just bought the 14" super snake stripe, rocker stripe and the hash stripes in black I also have marker, third brake and tail light tint. I have an appointment to have it all put on my car in a couple weeks. Waiting on a buyer for my bike so I can buy a set of AMR gloss black wheels 18" with the 255 tires all around.

·
Registered
730 Posts
This is what happened to my car last month.

Now that it is fixed i just bought the 14" super snake stripe, rocker stripe and the hash stripes in black I also have marker, third brake and tail light tint. I have an appointment to have it all put on my car in a couple weeks. Waiting on a buyer for my bike so I can buy a set of AMR gloss black wheels 18" with the 255 tires all around.
Nice! Smart by getting your stripes done by a pro, I did my GT 500 stripes and they took forever! I think it was something like 12 stressful long hours. Lol

·
Registered
730 Posts
Completely agree on the stripes! Took me 13 hours. Almost worth paying the 325$ I was quoted to have them put on
How did the front bumper come out? By far the hardest part. Good thing AM is generous with the amount of stripping they give you. I had two places quote me 200$ to do just the front bumper! Sick! A few gray hairs later I finally got it. Lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
How did the front bumper come out? By far the hardest part. Good thing AM is generous with the amount of stripping they give you. I had two places quote me 200$ to do just the front bumper! Sick! A few gray hairs later I finally got it. Lol
Front was definitely the hardest! Took me about 3 hours or so But I felt it came out decent probably just a hair off from the hood stripe but you can't really notice and yes I did have to redo part of it so lucky I had plenty of striping.

Attachments

·
Registered
703 Posts
I can't wait! I see everyone has been busy with their stangs over the winter. Mine was stored away but I worked on it a little. I installed my front plate hideaway bracket so I can drive around with no front plate (semi-legally). I also cleaned off all old wax/products and then clay barred the paint, it totally fixed the overspray feel I had. Then polish with meguiars and tommorow I will put on a thick coat of meguiars synthetic wax, leave overnight, then clean sunday morning.

I ORDERED AN EXHAUST! Pypes axle-back.....was going to go for the bassani but I fell in love with a video with pypes...super unique. Very excited. Next up is wheels (cant decide yet) and a GT rear lower valence.

Considering calling insurance tomorrow to reinsure my stang for a first drive on sunday...but it is also freezing temps here with minor salt still on road.....just like chicago it was summer weather here last year.

I officially picked up my car today, one year ago, and I was wearing a T-Shirt!

here is my clay bar video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H66tnUVaIrc

and my plate hideaway video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trzeT5Uks9o

and i also threw in some pure white LED fogs which look amazing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lVDhHCg32o

Trippy View of the LED's inside the housing

CANT WAIT FOR WARM WEATHER FOLKS! EVERYONE BE SAFE OUT THERE!!!!!

·
Registered
518 Posts
I can't wait! I see everyone has been busy with their stangs over the winter. Mine was stored away but I worked on it a little. I installed my front plate hideaway bracket so I can drive around with no front plate (semi-legally). I also cleaned off all old wax/products and then clay barred the paint, it totally fixed the overspray feel I had. Then polish with meguiars and tommorow I will put on a thick coat of meguiars synthetic wax, leave overnight, then clean sunday morning.

I ORDERED AN EXHAUST! Pypes axle-back.....was going to go for the bassani but I fell in love with a video with pypes...super unique. Very excited. Next up is wheels (cant decide yet) and a GT rear lower valence.

Considering calling insurance tomorrow to reinsure my stang for a first drive on sunday...but it is also freezing temps here with minor salt still on road.....just like chicago it was summer weather here last year.

I officially picked up my car today, one year ago, and I was wearing a T-Shirt!

here is my clay bar video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H66tnUVaIrc

and my plate hideaway video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trzeT5Uks9o

and i also threw in some pure white LED fogs which look amazing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lVDhHCg32o

Trippy View of the LED's inside the housing

CANT WAIT FOR WARM WEATHER FOLKS! EVERYONE BE SAFE OUT THERE!!!!!

Glad to hear that you went with the Pypes. Can't wait to see what you think of them! Did you go with the black or the stainless? What wheels are in your choices? I know that you we're looking at Brembo's before. Is that still your first choice?

It's supposed to snow until the end of the month now so that push my wheel purchase back another two weeks. :banghead: I hate snow.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Glad to hear that you went with the Pypes. Can't wait to see what you think of them! Did you go with the black or the stainless? What wheels are in your choices? I know that you we're looking at Brembo's before. Is that still your first choice?

It's supposed to snow until the end of the month now so that push my wheel purchase back another two weeks. :banghead: I hate snow.
I went with the stainless! Brembo's are still my number 1 but cant find any locally. I found a set near new with tires for $1200 about a half hour from me but that was in Dec, had my disposable income tied up at the time in the stock market :(

My second choice is AMR wheels in charcoal, staggered, 19" with pirellis. I love these but have not seen enough photos of them on Kona Blue. Once I am sure I like them I might just order them, but the $350 shipping cost to canada blows :(

what are you considering?

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I heard LA sucks for driving with all the traffic though!!!! Or is that just what they are telling us Canadians to keep us outta there....
No actually its very true! LA traffic is the worst..there's not traffic 24/7 of course but when there is its horrible!! But nothing beats the weather here it's amazing!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts