Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In NJ we have master thiefs. At work they take cars right off the lot that have the most expensive alarms. I am talking EXPENSIVE $1000 alarms.

I figure an alarm is as useless as a fart cannon.

I want to go cutoff, and in a MAJOR way.

I'm talking I would ARMOR the switch line, the device area and the
switch itself would be locked.

We've lost 30 cars this year out of the lot.

I have a 2000 with lots of nice electronics.

What would be the best to disable. I am talking multiple cut off.
I want three switches or more in this car that have to be flipped to make her run.

It's so bad we all use HUB locks now.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Take your ignition wire, and throw it through a hidden switch somewhere. If they cut the wire, thinking it's an alarm, it sure as hell wont go anywhere unless they realize it was a cutoff switch. Then all they would have to do is splice the wires back together.

Unfortuniatally, if someone wants your car bad enough, they'll get it. Short of riding a bike to work everyday, it's a risk that everyone takes.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
yeah insurance is pretty good with theft... when i had all my stereo stuff jacked at school, i got it all replaced for the deductible of 100 bucks :) it resulted in upgrading my stuff to the level up, and the current year model :mrgreen:

oh yeah, they also did 1600 bucks worth of damage tot he body of my car getting in... damn crooks :twisted:

·
Registered
16 Posts
You are required to take car theft in NJ High schools. Where are you? Patterson?
Move to Sussex County. The deer don't know how to steal cars yet. :D

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I live right by passaic , paterson, newark. The three Gems of new jersey.

Is there a way to keep the ECU with juice but disconnect the rest of the electrical? Maybe a sub fusebox for just the ECU, and then the rest on the main box which I can disable by cutting the power to it. I was also thinking of hooking a remote
entry to a relay connected to the power seat. I would basically bring the seat as close to the steering wheel as possible whenever I hit the remote. You'd need to be a midget to steal the car then, because the button to move the seat would of course be disconnected.. :)

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Really the best protection is not a car alarm like the Viper but a real rattlesnake or Cobra. Just have a decal that says"" look snake inside"" ;) ;) ;)

Corey

·
Registered
1,895 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
You could disconnect your battery everday. Also if you car has the pats system they wont beable to start your car unless they have a pats key or they have all that technical mumbo jumbo you see in like gone in 60 seconds. Go to the police see what kinds of things can actually stop even the best of theifs.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They said a large man with a gun in my back seat works best.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He said if they really want it they'll flatbed it with a suped up winch. Get the car and be away in less than 10 seconds.

·
Registered
349 Posts
ASSEMbler said:
They said a large man with a gun in my back seat works best.
That would be me :D

Fortunately, I have a secure guarded lot to park in at work and I keep my Stang garaged at home. Two dogs and a 12 guage keep that secure. I rarely drive it anywhere but to work, we take the minivan everywhere else.

I've used cutout switches in the past. Never had a car stolen with one, FWIW.

Steve

·
Registered
567 Posts
ASSEMbler said:
He said if they really want it they'll flatbed it with a suped up winch. Get the car and be away in less than 10 seconds.
exactly.

·
Banned
16 Posts
Isn't the best kind of anti-theft devices one of the club-like things that actually either mashes the brake pedal to the floor, or keeps the brake pedal from being able to be pushed?

Some news company did a thing where they talked to a convicted car thief, and he was saying that those things are some of the best deterrants.

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
Freds3.8 said:
You are required to take car theft in NJ High schools. Where are you? Patterson?
Move to Sussex County. The deer don't know how to steal cars yet. :D
Wait, Sussex county NJ? Hopatcong,NJ???? wow I was in that county in Oct 02 and Oct 03 for the Sussex Co. Firemans inspections and parade!!!! wow

1 - 19 of 19 Posts