Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This "boss " parked next to me kinda looks like a sixxer to me .. Not sure what's off . But it does not have the axle backs on it, the emblem looks Cheesy . Just wondering if this guy tried to badge his his car with the wrong badges.
not that it matters just bothers me every day I see it lol .

image-2103678996.jpg

image-1529578265.jpg

Also the dash looks brushed and I thought the boss had a carbon fiber look

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
curtin1991 said:
This "boss " parked next to me kinda looks like a sixxer to me .. Not sure what's off . But it does not have the axle backs on it, the emblem looks Cheesy . Just wondering if this guy tried to badge his his car with the wrong badges.
not that it matters just bothers me every day I see it lol .

Also the dash looks brushed and I thought the boss had a carbon fiber look
That's is most definetly not a boss lmao

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
it could be a premium GT with a boss 302 engine....my neighbors just bought one this week from a local dealer...at first i thought just another premium GT till i popped the hood and saw the boss 302 engine under the hood. had a really nice interior too...so yeah could be the same

however i'm gonna say boss badge on a v6 from just the wheels on it since it doesn't have the GT premium wheels

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
it could be a premium GT with a boss 302 engine....my neighbors just bought one this week from a local dealer...at first i thought just another premium GT till i popped the hood and saw the boss 302 engine under the hood. had a really nice interior too...so yeah could be the same

however i'm gonna say boss badge on a v6 from just the wheels on it since it doesn't have the GT premium wheels
It's not a boss engine it just has the boss intake

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
It's not a boss engine it just has the boss intake
i know the difference between the two engines...this is a full on boss motor under the hood, ford racing TB, C&L CAI...now the engine may have been put into the car and the dealership not known about it, so i can't be sure...all i know is that it's a premium GT and there's a boss motor in it

with the hood popped this is a perfect shot of what i see...except for the TB and CAI of course....and their GT has the STB in the pic too

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's what I thought . I don have a problem with v6 ( I drive one ) but I do hate when people put misleading badges on a car.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now that I looked a the front I'm pretty sure it's not a true boss but I still don't think it's even a gt.

image-3607077233.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
i know the difference between the two engines...this is a full on boss motor under the hood, ford racing TB, C&L CAI...now the engine may have been put into the car and the dealership not known about it, so i can't be sure...all i know is that it's a premium GT and there's a boss motor in it

with the hood popped this is a perfect shot of what i see...except for the TB and CAI of course....and their GT has the STB in the pic too
It's the internals that would be different. Anyone with the 5.0 can add those mods, even most dealerships will sell a package deal on them. (At least here they do).

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
lol i could imagine..my neighbors are wasting that car...she grandma drives it and says she hates the exhaust (i think it's a borla setup)...she's over 75 :/ i have no clue why she bought it...

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
lol i could imagine..my neighbors are wasting that car...she grandma drives it and says she hates the exhaust (i think it's a borla setup)...she's over 75 :/ i have no clue why she bought it...
Old lady's by some of the best cars. It's so someone can find one mint 30yrs down the road. Lol

·
Registered
594 Posts
To the op that very well might be a gt but is in no way a boss...the front end looks like a gt and the wheels look like powder coated gt wheels so he may have a gt with a boss intake and decided to brand his car a boss either way be proud of what you drive and screw what people think IMHO

1 - 20 of 27 Posts