Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Throttle response is bad, what should I check / clean?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
you can try cleaning the inside of your throttle plate with some carb spray cleaner and an old tooth brush, sometimes this does wonders, check it to see if it is dirty.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Isn't there some sponge I'm supposed to clean somewhere?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
They might, but you will probably be just paying more for the same thing with different labling really, carb cleaner will work fine. Never use the toothbrush you use in your mouth, if you do, run quick and get you a new one, lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have a 94 mustang v6 3.8
Cold air Intake, no cats, dual flowmasters.....
my car was running wonderfull, with a lot of power and really good acceleration..
i washed the engine with a degreaser and spray all over and then the water.
after that the antilock light (abs) turned on and the car doesnt break properly..
also the acceleration is very poor. it feels bad, like if the car is a v4 or something like that...
but it doesnt do this all the time, sometimes the car runs great, but for moments, and then again it gets slow, and the exhaust gets louder, and the car slower, etc,etc..
please i need Help..????????????????/

·
Registered
430 Posts
lol, why do so many ppl think its ok to spray down their engine with lots of cleaners and tons of water? might want to take it to a dealer and give them about 8 grand to replace all of the parts you ruined in your engine.

oh, n assembler, might want to check your air filter to see how dirty it is. This thread is VERY old so make another one to talk about this issue you have, it gets much more attention if you dont post in a very old thread about a new issue you have.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
chances are if you wet your engine its the maf, coil, maybe alternator, and other little this and thats. I would start with the maf/coil/plugs/plug wires

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
lol, why do so many ppl think its ok to spray down their engine with lots of cleaners and tons of water? might want to take it to a dealer and give them about 8 grand to replace all of the parts you ruined in your engine.
For the record, its fine to wet your engine down... its not fine to submerge electrical components in water.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts