Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your plans for next year, car wise? And dont say "I'm gonna get a supercharger and new heads, and a new cam and springs, and c/c plates.. and" blah blah blah. Everyone knows that you're not going to do it anyway.

Realistically, what are your plans?

Me:
1) Shortthrow from Extreme Effects
2) Ford C Springs (and hopeully C/C's if I can find them for cheap, otherwise, I'll be rotating like a mofo)
3) And a set of 10th anniv Cobra Wheels that I've already established :D

And stuff I already have that need to be installed:
1) Tubular subframe connectors (needs welding)
2) MAC UCA's
3) STB

Whats on your agenda?

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
I really don't have anything on the "Need to Install List" list, except a blue neon and strobe light I'm gonna put in the trunk, but I'm in no hurry to install them.

Next up on my list is to finish off the interior. I'm gonna buy it all at once next year during fall so I can get alot of cash saved up. The list is as follows.

1.) El-Glow WHite Face Guages
2.) Carbon Fiber Instrument Panel Overlay
3.) Carbon Fiber FR500 Mustang Shift Knob
4.) Carbon Fiber Emergency Brake Cover
5.) Emergency Brake Boot
6.) Black Interior Pieces (A/C Vent Bezel, Door Handle Bezel, Door Cup Panel)
7.) Blue Stitch on Shift Boot & Emergency Brake Boot

That's what I'm thinking as of now. We'll see how that goes.

·
Registered
941 Posts
My situation is turning for the worst and most of my plans are now on hold. I will still be testing the roots blower however and if the business goes well the business can start sinking money into my car.

·
11,873 Posts
Dual Exaust
Repaint the car with Racing Stripes
Fix all interior
2 12" Kicker CompVR Subs

Things I already have:

Stage 1 Ported Upper from RGR(bought today:)
Eibach Lowering Springs
17" 2003 GT rims

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
1. I am buying a 351w in january (whenever I get the cash), I will be stroking it to 408 - don't know when it will be done
2. In march I am doing my body work and smoothing my engine bay
3. In april I am painting my car/engine bay
4. If I can get the money and I am done with the engine I am gonna get 17" cragars, low profile tires, and drop my car an inch.

·
Registered
614 Posts
For me, I'll be getting my tax return near the end of January, and once I get that, I plan on getting 17x9 chrome wheels with tires, either Steeda Ultra Lite II's (if I can afford them) or Cobras.

Right now I have the money, just waiting on ordering, Steeda Sport springs from ExtremeEffects. Also, I just ordered new speakers for my rear deck -- they're the same as the ones I recently put in my doors, Pioneer 6x8 4-ways.

There's a a lot of random cosmetic things I plan as well. For one, I'm going to get one of Zim's panels and get that sucker installed with two red cap/blue LED Ignited Performance switches :) Also, as soon as the v6stangs decals are out, I'm going to remove the ford chicks, and put the v6stang's decals in her place, and then I'm going to order a smaller version of the ford chick to put her above the v6stangs ones.

My stepdad and I also plan on removing the mufflers from my car, and just running straight off the cats. I figured, that'd be the easiest way to get the loud exhaust tone that I'm looking for. By doing that, the tips will also no longer stick out as far, so yay! We're also gonna aim to get the side skirts on and also redo all of the mesh with stronger stuff.

Other than that, only time will tell! I know I'd like to work on the sound system, and of course, a supercharger would be nice! But this is my senior year of high school, so all of this college stuff coming up might delay some of those plans, but we shall see! :headbang:

·
11,873 Posts
fast64 said:
1. I am buying a 351w in january (whenever I get the cash), I will be stroking it to 408 - don't know when it will be done
2. In march I am doing my body work and smoothing my engine bay
3. In april I am painting my car/engine bay
4. If I can get the money and I am done with the engine I am gonna get 17" cragars, low profile tires, and drop my car an inch.
Everyone knows that you're not going to do it anyway.
:D

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
really loud is not cool just obnoxious plain and simple. I know you are young and young people think loud is it but it is not. A viper is not obnixious or a cobra. So having a loud car will not make people respect you just roll up their windows when you pull up to a traffic light. No mufflers sux ass!!!

·
Registered
614 Posts
No, I understand, I'm not looking for anything outrageously loud. I just want a beefier tone than what I've got now -- which is virtually silent lol. I believe I was told once that V6 Mustangs are naturally quite because of how they're made due to smaller cams. So I wasn't sure if just taking off my mufflers would make such a difference.

But you think it would make it really loud huh? I should probably just do it to see what it's like, and then go to Flowmasters if it's too loud. I've never heard a v6mustang without mufflers, so I can't really judge whether or not it's what I'm looking for. But I appreciate the advice and any tips Corey :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
I am going to make $$$ so i cant get things, hahah
Plans RGR custom stuff,
on my dads car we are going to drop a V8 in it. then MAYbe put his 6 in mine. :-? :headbang:

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
my plans: within this year or next

First finish and install system. Probably within the month, all i need is a box for my 10's and a amp.

Redo exhaust:
-Mac longtube headers, custom X or H pipe then warlock racing mufflers.
-Custom RGR racing block bored and with all forged internals, ported heads, intakes ect.
-then some time of induction system, havent decided.
I just want to start saving for my engine project.
hopefully ill get it by the summer.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I plan on
Fog lights
Bullitt Pedals
Mach 1 spoiler, and grill delete
Tires for my already bought '99 cobras :D
a slight drop
Maybe underdrive pullies still not sure about them.

And Shahrum I highly recommend the Mac Flowpaths....,you get a good deep rumble, with a little high end ripple, by all means not ricey.They're not really loud and obnoxious, but your presence is known.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts