Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sssssooooo......here's the deal. Imma a pretty dedicated and hardcore car guy. I have been watching a LOT of car prices as i've grown up. Mostly on all cool s*&t....ie-mustang, ferrari, lotus,etc. which brings me to my point.....

In this day and age...you can find 1st gens thru foxes for about $1k or there abouts all day. SNs for about $3-5(depending on trim model and such). New edges for about $5k for a V6 and $10k for a cobra. bear in mind, these are rough figures, stick with me, building up to the much bigger point........

Which brings me to this......what the f&%k is up with the S197s???!!!!!!! Seriously? an 05 for $15 with 100,000mi(hope your picking my sarcasm). Just left my local ford dealership from picking up a part, they had a bright red 08 Mustang GT, tan inter, stick, twas rather sick as s*&t....didn't post the mileage on it, but they were asking $20,000 for a 3yr old car!!!! $20!!! Wtf!!! I can see $15k, I'll even give you $17k. But $20k? Really? What is up with this current S197 gen? Why are they STILL going for SO much even 6yrs down the road? Would love and am eager for some insight. :wtf

PS
Im coo coo for coco puffs over this current gen like everyone else is, don't get this misconstrued, its just effing resale thats gots me sh*tin' a chicken.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
It's all about negotiation, never pay sticker price. I picked up my '11 GT in July of '10 at a final price of $28,400 after TT&L. MSRP was $34,900. What was funny was that they had a '10 GT with 1,500 miles on it going for $28,000. Lol

·
Banned
3,606 Posts
its only 3yrs old that why still 20k. It was what 30k new. That is a big discount.

Ad if y ou buy a fox for 1k then you wil get what you pay for. A pile of ****. Every Fox i have looked at in the last year has been least 4k. That is solid body, still running with no engine or tranny issues.

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

It's all about negotiation, never pay sticker price. I picked up my '11 GT in July of '10 at a final price of $28,400 after TT&L. MSRP was $34,900. What was funny was that they had a '10 GT with 1,500 miles on it going for $28,000. Lol
Same here. They had a used 2010 for 29k. loaded to gills with 2200 miles on it.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I hate the prices for cars now adays
It almost makes me sick considering its all effin plastic
To me no plastic car is worth over 10k

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
If it was at a dealer, that's a given its going to be way overpriced than average book value.

When mine was stock it was selling for 15K out the door, just a 2006 sixxer that had about 74k miles on it. Ridiculous right?
Got it for 9.3k out the door, the guy was pissed, but were good flirts and arguers. Ha!

·
Premium Member
5,066 Posts
I test-drove a Mach 1 with KB supercharger and they wanted almost $17k + $5k cash down for the super charger. Said screw it, was fun to drive. We wanted to take it home. It has still been sitting up in Jax now for $13k.... Those guys were ridiculous.

Wanted to give me $4k for mine and they had a super busted super ugly 04 V6 on the lot for $8k.

And there's an S-197 GTCS at the Toyota dealership but I'm worried about how much they want to sell it for... I do want a Cobra or S-197 GT eventually.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
there's a Shelby GT at a local dealer up the street ,it has around 17,000 miles on it and their asking $23,900 ,its mint
I remember they were going for above sticker when they came out ,in the $40's ...
I almost traded in the v6 ( Witch i GOT LAST YEAR FOR $12,000 WITH 40,000 MILES ON IT ) ,but refrained from going further onto debt ,:eek:

·
Registered
565 Posts
I bought a used 05 GT with 40,000 miles on it three years ago for $16,000 and traded it in on my 07 Roush a year and a half ago for the same price...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Depending on where you live the used car market is HOT due to a low supply. Many people are just buying used cars, to save money or their credit won't allow them to buy a new car.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Went to Nashville last night with some friends, we stopped off at a bp station for drinks and snacks and jazz, looked at a used/trader car magazine, stumbled across an 07 V6 for $10k.......with 150,000mi. Am I missing something here? Is the used car market THAT hot for S197s right now? are they in THAT much demand that ppl are overlooking mileage no matter what it is and paying premium dollar for it? cuz, if that's the case, then, that makes sense, I can see that.

·
Registered
903 Posts
i paid 8k for my gt premium vert, dealing with it all over the phone from ohio to North Carolina, and she only had 48k on her.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts