Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 v6 mustang with a manual tranny. A few months ago I had a really shake from the engine and turned out to be the harmonic balancer, of which i replaced and i solved the issue. a week or so later i started getting misfires on cylinders 1 and 5. read up on it and changed the tone ring on the balancer which fixed the misfires on those cylinders, however the misfires instantly went to cylinders 3 and 4. I've replaced the coil pack, all spark plugs and even the camshaft synchronizer still no change. i did do a tune up 10,000 miles prior with everything. its no gotten a bit worse and i just am not sure where to go from here except into the engine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also I’ve put in a new fuel pump and the filter was perfect. As far as how it’s misfiring is it misfires and loses power while either sending it after 3 seconds or while holding the throttle maintaining speed.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
It must be throwing codes. What are those codes?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah it is but all it gives is p0303 and p0304 which just means misfires detected on cylinders 3 and 4 respectively

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
Yeah it is but all it gives is p0303 and p0304 which just means misfires detected on cylinders 3 and 4 respectively
You can try swapping the fuel injectors to the cylinders that are next to each one. If the misfire codes follow the injectors to cylinders 2 and 5, you will know that there is a problem with the injectors. Aternatively, if the codes remain the same, you will be able to rule out the injectors as a possible cause.
If that checks out, you will need to do a old school diagnosis, including a compression test, and all of that good stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts