Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put in a set of C springs, new shocks/struts, and offset rack bushings put in - sweet.

However, I've found yet another product that seems to be important for lowering the stang - a rear axle bumpstop. The claim in the Brother's catalog is that this is a must for lowering a mustang. But if it's such a must, I can't find anything about it on the web (i.e. installation) or in the Chilton manual.

It's pretty inexpensive (about $14), so if it's useful I think I'd get it.

Has anyone picked one of these up and/or installed it?

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
dont worry about it... theres more then likely a stock one on our car that serves any purpose its needed for. If it was really a "must" then more companies would recommend it. BTW, i just installed c springs, and new shocks and struts.. i love it as well :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Ha. Unless you are using shock with other than stock travel requirements removing the original bump stop might cause the axle to compress the shock far enough that the shock now becomes the bump stop and fails.

If you really want the most suspension travel out of your lowered setup you need to figure out how much travel your shocks have left when the axle hits the bump stop, then you can determine how much shorter you can make the bump stop. Remember two things, you can always trim the original bump stop for free and that it is compressible, so you have to leave a bit of travel left in the shocks.
Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts