Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was installing some new Hawk pads this past weekend on my 2000. The front pads were easy to install, but the rear gave a little trouble. Once I got the rear caliper off and the new pads on, the caliper didn't want to go back on. I had the piston turned into the caliper, but it seems as though it wanted to be turned in more, as there was a couple millimeters of brake pad the caliper wouldn't fit over with the new pads. I tried turning the piston into the caliper even more, but it looked as if it wasn't going in any more, anyone had this problem before? Anyone have any ideas on getting it to fit correctly? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
kevinsm said:
I was installing some new Hawk pads this past weekend on my 2000. The front pads were easy to install, but the rear gave a little trouble. Once I got the rear caliper off and the new pads on, the caliper didn't want to go back on. I had the piston turned into the caliper, but it seems as though it wanted to be turned in more, as there was a couple millimeters of brake pad the caliper wouldn't fit over with the new pads. I tried turning the piston into the caliper even more, but it looked as if it wasn't going in any more, anyone had this problem before? Anyone have any ideas on getting it to fit correctly? Thanks.

Keep turning the piston (like about 100 turns) IT SUX!!!!!!

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
I had that same problem. I let my high schools auto shop install my new brake pads cuz it was free and i wouldnt have any spare time for about a month. Big mistake. Noticed a weird ass moaning sound coming from the right rear, took it apart, and found out they put my brake clamp on backwards...

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Brake clamp?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts