Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eventually I'm going to put dual flows on with a hi-flow cat. Obviously the rear stock bumper on the v6's aren't made for duals. Did you guys just buy a GT rear bumper? or just carve it yourself?

I do not want to spend the $$ to get a diff bumper because I am going for a complete body kit later on so i'd have to switch the new bumper that i'd buy for the duals

I would just buy the body kit at the same time as the duals just to make things simple but i'm going for performance first, then looks...and i don't have the resources right now to get both at the same time

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I just ran my duals UNDER the bumper. I'll see if I can find a picture for you to demonstrate.

Despite the picture, the exhaust doesn't point down, like the picture suggests. They come pretty much straight out. You can se that they come out fairly level in this picture

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ahhhh i see, and it looks as if it was made for duals

but if i did that i wonder if i would be able to lower it 1.5" and still be in comfortable cleareance for those unnecessarily large speed bumps and drive way entrances

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Look at how high the grass is in the first picture. My tires are about 2 inches in the grass (they havn't mowed it yet). There is still PLEANTY of room under the car for speed bumps and such. If you lower your car 2", I'm sure you would still be ok. I plan on dropping my car 1.5 inches in the future.

·
Registered
301 Posts
It's a little different for the 94-98s; the GT exhaust was designed to go under the flat bumper.
If you get a kit, ask if the kit is designed with the flat or the cut-out bumper in mind. I got a GT bumper to replace my old, punctured stock one, and the Borlas I got are designed for the flat bumper. So now I have a big gap between the bumper and the tips.
If you get GT take-offs, you will definately have to get a GT bumper, or redo the tailpipes. Other aftermarket catbacks may be designed to go under the stock bumper.

Please don't just cut the bumper; I've seen it and it don't look right.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
here's the spyder 2 kit that i'm planning on purchasing minus the side skirts

from the looks of that i should be ok if i had them placed underneath my current bumper and then switched out for this one later on

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cool..those links help a lot

thank you

1 - 12 of 12 Posts