Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, phase 1 of my rear speaker deck upgrade is comlete. I've Dynamated the speakers, removed the shelf, and now I'm just waiting on my grills for the Pioneers that way I can recarpet the shelf with cutouts for the speakers.

http://www.v6stangs.com/admins/shahrum/audio_upgrade/

There's some pics to show what it looks like. I also took a photo (altho it came out bad) of my new headunit and my radar detector that I recently hardwired. Enjoy!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Yea, those amp wires and the wires for my changer are gonna be hidden soon too. I tried to keep them placed conveniently that way I could disconect the subs if I needed to take out the box for any reason.

Do you have any recommendations on how to hide them?

·
Registered
19 Posts
i'm not very knowledgable about stereos... but from what i've read, and seen, people make little holes in the back of their seats for the wires to go in/come out of... basically you feel the wires through the seat apolstry.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
like he said, make a lil slit in the carpeting on the back of your seat and just finger it down through there till it comes out towards the bottom of your seat.

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
He is going to be buying two 12" Kicker L7's in the future isnt that right
now why would he do that? he has two top of the line sonys :D :D
shahrum he really didnt convince u outa ur sony stuff did he?

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
I love my types R's however ill be going toward :7's in the next car

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
falconbballer15 said:
He is going to be buying two 12" Kicker L7's in the future isnt that right
now why would he do that? he has two top of the line sonys :D :D
shahrum he really didnt convince u outa ur sony stuff did he?
Man I talked him into getting a new cd player, new amp, new subs, and guided him to put carpet in the rear deck.... i deserve a cookie or something :rolleyes: :D

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
well then here u go heres some milk too

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Man I talked him into getting a new cd player, new amp, new subs, and guided him to put carpet in the rear deck.... i deserve a cookie or something
:shock:

*Makes note to self, do not let Brent talk me into buying anything I already have....again.*

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LOL. I've probably invested a little over $1200 so far. $900 was what I paid for the initial install over the summer including the Sony amp, original head unit, wiring, box, and Sony subs. Then I recently bought the Sony 10 cd mp3 changer and a new Sony headunit. Plus the speakers were eventually upgraded.

And yes, I plan on adding two 12" L7's in a custom fit ported box powered by a nice RF amp. I'm gonna get that done like March/April if all goes as planned (and if I get some good bday money for my 18th bday in March (the 28th)). But yeah... it's mostly the time it takes to get everything all setup just how you want it, and to get it all sounding good.

And I'll definately have a nice article up once my little rear shelf project is done that will outline what to buy and do in order to make your shelf stronger to avoid rattling and noises. And also to make it look 10x better :)

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
I am goign with the same thing. Two 12" Kicker L7 subs with a Rockford Fosgate 1501bd amp power the twleves and a Alpine CDA-9815 for the head unit with Kicker 5 1/4 Component speakers in the fron and back powered by a rockford fosgate amp

Got some saving to do fo sho

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Well, I have finally decide to wait to buy a car until June, this way i will have maxium amount of money. Ill be selling my 9815, for a IVa-900 Alpine TV, 2 12'' L&'s and a RF amp most likly the one Brent is talking about. I have about 1,900 in my current system,but its time to go bigger and louder. :headbang:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts