Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to upgrade my dif, I still have a mostly stock engine so I am not putt a lot of horse power to the ground. I was looking at the ford racing one that was installed in the 2003 cobra. Any good ideas on which one I should or shouldn't use

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
I assume that you are referring to the Ford Racing trac-loc differential, which is the same differential that is currently installed in your car.
What is wrong with your differential that makes you want to upgrade it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right now I am getting a lot of backlash, the shop that I took it to give me a few reasons that I am getting it. On is the dif. He said could be spider gears, or back lash setting. When we were talking he said with me racing like info it would be a good ideal to upgrade the dif, instead of rebuilding it. now when it comes to the drive line I have no ideal what is going on. Engines I know, rear ends no so much

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Is this car an auto or manual? Are you running a drag radial or slick?

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
You can pop the diff cover off and measure the backlash yourself. This wont cost you anything more than time, fluid, and a dial gauge. Cheaper than throwing money at something you're not really sure of.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know it wouldn't be cause by the type, but instead of rebuilding if there is something wrong I just want to put a better one in

1 - 11 of 11 Posts