Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to change my gears again to 4.10 and while I'm at it, get a new limited slip rear diff. I have 14k miles, should I get all the extras or would just the gears do since it only had 14k on them? Also, anybody got advice on a good rear diff for a V6 that will eventually run F/I? Wanna buy one and leave it.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Imo I would just do the gears. The diff is going to be good for many more miles to come. Use the extra cash for a another mod

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
All rear diffs are different and have different goals in mind. Are you looking to go straight or turn? Our differential is already LSD btw. And if you're planning on running FI, I would not run too steep a gear. 3.31 would be the highest(#) I'd go personally. Otherwise, every time you touch the peddle on the street you'll leave some tire prints behind you. ;)

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
For daily and occasional track use you are good to go. If you will be tracking the car heavy and launching the car at the track a lot then I would do Moser Axles and do the a diff as the T - Lock that is what is in your car now is prone to failure under really hard launches. I would also have the axle tubes welded, do a girdle and a CHE brace too if you are adding a lot of HP down the road. But if you are just doing street driving and not on slicks etc... I would keep it simple and have the upper and lower control arms done instead if you havent done that already. Driveshaft would be a good one too if you are doing gears as it has to be unbolted from the pinion flange to do the gears anyway.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
I want to change my gears again to 4.10 and while I'm at it, get a new limited slip rear diff. I have 14k miles, should I get all the extras or would just the gears do since it only had 14k on them? Also, anybody got advice on a good rear diff for a V6 that will eventually run F/I? Wanna buy one and leave it.
If your gna do FI sooner or later your gna need lower gears like 3.55's 4.10's are ridiculous for FI and as for the LSD you don't really need it much. But would get it if u have the money for it. Your gna need the install kit sir and get the pinion bearing from autozone for 24 bucks instead of AM

·
Registered
809 Posts
lots of good advice here... if you do gears then you want the whole kit for sure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts