Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a question: there is a small amount of seepage from the bottom of my Differential. Looks like maybe from the pinion gear area too? There is no leakage from the valve at the top of the passenger side axle either. There is not a lot but some. Should I be very concerned?
I was going to upgrade my suspension(hate the 4x4 look)next but maybe I should get new gears(3.73's) w installation kit and a tuner next instead as that should fix the problem, correct?
Thx for any help!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1439420051.024036.jpg
Looks like the pinion gear area? How Do I check the level in the Diff as I can't seem to find much info..
Thx in advance!

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
It looks like you need to change your pinion seal cos it's leaking, as far checking the fluid in the differential I don't know how to check since they're are no dip stick. I think the only way is to stick your finger in there and feel the oil and just add accordingly.

MPT tune, 3:73 gears, borla stype, frrp x pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, airaid cai, Jlt separator, koni orange shocks and struts, SR Springs, gt500 mounts, J&M Panhard bar, Bmr LCA, 2010 gt500 wheels, roush chin splitter and RTR stripes... ? ?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thx for the reply as I appreciate the help. I ordered the ford racing gear kit w the 3.73 gears and a tuner. Might as well upgrade while I fix the leak! :)

·
Premium Member
6,864 Posts
I had the same thing with my car. Happened a few months after I bought it. As someone already mentioned the pinion seal was the fix for me. Made a habit of checking under the car just for the ****s and giggles to this day. Differential is dry as a bone.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Have the same issue my pinion seal is leaking and to check level like they said put your finger in the fill hole and add as needed

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts