Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got a 2k v6 with 58k on the clock. A buddy of mine has an 06 civic Si that we sometimes like to go against each other with. Having about the same HP, (and me having a torque of 225 against his 139 ;D) He most times can keep up with me and from a rolling start has faster acceleration. I know this to be from his final drive ratio to be a 4.75 with helical differential. My question is, what gears would be good or my stang? Obviously a t-loc will be added and I've thought of looking at the new ones American muscle recently added or the ford one. I've heard 3.73 manual 4.10 auto due to less gears and different sizes. Would I have any reprocussions from putting 4.10s in my manual besides mpg loss? I don't plan on turboing it, so I'm not worried about turbo lag but I am planning to add a windstar intake and centrifugal supercharger. Thanks for any input and reading all this!

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
So I've got a 2k v6 with 58k on the clock. A buddy of mine has an 06 civic Si that we sometimes like to go against each other with. Having about the same HP, (and me having a torque of 225 against his 139 ;D) He most times can keep up with me and from a rolling start has faster acceleration. I know this to be from his final drive ratio to be a 4.75 with helical differential. My question is, what gears would be good or my stang? Obviously a t-loc will be added and I've thought of looking at the new ones American muscle recently added or the ford one. I've heard 3.73 manual 4.10 auto due to less gears and different sizes. Would I have any reprocussions from putting 4.10s in my manual besides mpg loss? I don't plan on turboing it, so I'm not worried about turbo lag but I am planning to add a windstar intake and centrifugal supercharger. Thanks for any input and reading all this!
I see you've gotten a lot of info on this so far.LOL. Just gonna add my 2 cents in, I have a V8, so the opinion is based on the V8. With 4.10s and stick shift, you will have bad traction problems, will probably burn up a lot of tires. I think with a stick, you might be better off with the 373 gears, maybe even the 3.50. From what I've heard the 4.10 will be too much. But again, I'm talking from a V8 GT standpoint. BUt I also heard alot of talking about 3.90 gears also, so that may be a better change than the 3.50 idea.

·
Registered
203 Posts
KATO said:
I see you've gotten a lot of info on this so far.LOL. Just gonna add my 2 cents in, I have a V8, so the opinion is based on the V8. With 4.10s and stick shift, you will have bad traction problems, will probably burn up a lot of tires. I think with a stick, you might be better off with the 373 gears, maybe even the 3.50. From what I've heard the 4.10 will be too much. But again, I'm talking from a V8 GT standpoint. BUt I also heard alot of talking about 3.90 gears also, so that may be a better change than the 3.50 idea.
Ok...I have 4:10's on mine with a bunch of N/A mods done...it is a bit to get the rears to grab..but she moves...if it's an auto you have go with 4:10's..if not go with 3:73's..I have a 5 spd..and 4:10's are a bit much

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
A lot of people are letting me know already that when I put a Super Charger on mine, that I will have traction problems, with the 410 gears I have, but what's done is done, and i'm not changing my gears, will just get use to handling them with the SC I get. I've been told that with my Automatic, my problems will be minimal.:headbang:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have 3.73 on my 01 manual. I love them but if I floor it I go through my gears pretty quick. When/if I get an 8.8 I would step it up to 3.90. 4.10 gears you will be shifting a lot with a manual but I can say my gears keep me in front of the hondas off the line. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts