Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The past couple weeks I have noticed when driving my car that when I hit any kind of bumps in the road the rear driver side area clunks around a bit. The passenger side is as solid as its ever been but the driver side definitely has something loose it seems like. Any ideas of what it could be?

·
Premium Member
5,451 Posts
Yes, it's a trip to the local Ford service department. You should still be under your 36K bumper to bumper warranty.

My dealership provides free coffee and donuts. Anything making a funny noise for me warrants a trip for a free donut and coffee!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I just went in for the same issue. For me it was the drivers side stabilizer link bushing. Pretty easy fix if you have the same issue. By the way, the mechanic said that they changed the part number so maybe there was an issue initially.

·
Registered
112 Posts
How did that work for you? I'm out of warranty and have heard of a rear end tsb. I have no idea what to do
I didn't even try the dealer. I don't really trust them anyway. I used my trusted mechanic and the total bill was only $50 including labor. I haven't heard about a rear end TSB.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
I didn't even try the dealer. I don't really trust them anyway. I used my trusted mechanic and the total bill was only $50 including labor. I haven't heard about a rear end TSB.
Someone mentioned it to me on here about the breather valve leaking alot of fluid. Mines been doing it since day one. Padre says its normal for this kind of axle. I say otherwise.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok so in gonna bring it into the dealership to get it checked out. Only thing is I have a tune on my car. Even though the problem I have has nothing to do with the tune what are the chances they'll find out its tuned? And will they void my engine warranty for any future problems??

·
Registered
803 Posts
Just load stock as sugested. There is no reason for them to plug into your computer

·
Registered
297 Posts
I also have sounds coming from the engine bay, some vibration everywhere at sloooow speeds, and the rear driver side area has something. it sounds like a piece of rubber slaps somewhere in the engine bay sometimes and the rear makes cringy sounds often. I think the problem in the rear might be the boss exhaust rattling or something.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Might be the muffler, I had the same issue with mine, thank goodness I noticed it as I was driving away from the muffler shop. I told them there are some vibrations and they put it back on the rack and noticed the harness bolts were a little too long and vibrating against the car. Hopefully it will be that simple.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Ok so in gonna bring it into the dealership to get it checked out. Only thing is I have a tune on my car. Even though the problem I have has nothing to do with the tune what are the chances they'll find out its tuned? And will they void my engine warranty for any future problems??
Wrong. They can scan the PCM and SJB. They pitched a fit when I pulled my fuse 47 to reset the learning. No matter what, it's officially burned in like a hard drive.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I had a rattle after I removed and cut my exhaust. I used some exhaust wrap and good ol red neck engineering to fix the problem. Unfortunately, it sounds like you may have a more serious issue. Dig around in the engine bay and make sure you don't have a loose belt or anything like that. Also look for anything hanging off your drive shaft, or in the wheel wells. Also, any loose body panel could flap in the wind... Few years back I had a slapping sound, took it to 3 shops before I realized that there was some a small piece of rope tangled behind my rear drivers wheel. When I got up to speed it would slap the wheel well... Look for stuff like that, hopefully it is simple. If not then you need to take it in, vibration in the motor can be signs of verry verry bad things

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dealership said the rattling was from my loose/misplaced aftermarket exhaust. Knew it couldn't be that but took it back to my shop that installed them and they confirmed it was tight. Still clunking! Gotta go back...

·
Registered
203 Posts
dellito said:
I just went in for the same issue. For me it was the drivers side stabilizer link bushing. Pretty easy fix if you have the same issue. By the way, the mechanic said that they changed the part number so maybe there was an issue initially.
I had the same issue, the bushings feel tight but there is just enough play to make a clunk.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts