Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize a ton of you guys have aftermarket gears and what I need to know is how much you guys paid to have them installed. I've gotten quotes around town and they all differ and I want to know what I should really pay. Thanks.

·
Registered
200 Posts
My experience is probably irrelevant now that its been almost 14 years ago however, I paid $250 for a speed shop in Dallas to install mine.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well that's reassuring. A local transmission shop quoted me 6-7 hours of work for about $800, whereas a speed shop quoted me around $300. And to think I almost dropped my car off at the transmission shop and probably would have paid $1k.

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
WhiteCobra94 said:
Well the $280 was for the gears ($199) and the install kit ($80)
I think I paid 240 for the gears and install kit together from lrs. It was like a package deal thing. At least I think that's where I got them. I do think 4:10s cost a bit more then 3:73s though.

I package I got came with: gears, shims, bearings, gear mesh compound, Friction modifier, and 3 quarts of royal purple.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I think I paid 240 for the gears and install kit together from lrs. It was like a package deal thing. At least I think that's where I got them. I do think 4:10s cost a bit more then 3:73s though.

I package I got came with: gears, shims, bearings, gear mesh compound, Friction modifier, and 3 quarts of royal purple.
Same with mine but I got them from summit!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts