Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the strip today while I was in the burnout box friend noticed that my drivers side tire remained still during my burnout. Could it be because of worn clutches? A guy there said just replacing the fluid in my rear end with some kind of synthetic fluid, or some kind of non slip fluid would stop the problem. Any ideas as to what it could be or how to fix it? It's a 2000gt

·
Registered
344 Posts
Same thing happened to me at the track. Dude said it was the clutches...I figured id rebuild the whole thing. 3.73 ford racing gears, trac lok rebuild kit, installation kit, royal purple gear oil, and had to break off and replace my 2 rear wheel sensors, plus the.price of installation ... $1150

·
Lorraine's driver
8,196 Posts
At the strip today while I was in the burnout box friend noticed that my drivers side tire remained still during my burnout. Could it be because of worn clutches? A guy there said just replacing the fluid in my rear end with some kind of synthetic fluid, or some kind of non slip fluid would stop the problem. Any ideas as to what it could be or how to fix it? It's a 2000gt
If you gears and axles are in good shape, you can probably just get a rebuild kit for the clutches, etc. Might be considerably cheaper.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! I think it may be the clutches. I looked at my gears and axles. They seem to be in good shape. I think I'm just going to replace the clutches and see if it changes anything. Thanks for your input guys!!!

·
Lorraine's driver
8,196 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
If your going to rebuild it why not just replace it. Its already failing so its a perfect time to build it better while your in there. And besides the price of the axles it wouldn't be much more.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would like to, I just don't have the extra cash right now. I have just found out I have a baby on the way. And I'm 19 so with school, work, and saving up money I'm trying to save everything I can. I should honestly sell the car, but I just can't bring myself to do it. So I'm just doing what I can here and there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts