Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Physically the gears should fit. Changes have been to the outside of the pumpkin on the 8.8s and to the axles and diff. The gears themselves are the same. You'll have to have them set up and used gears are a major crapshoot noise-wise.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Physically the gears should fit. Changes have been to the outside of the pumpkin on the 8.8s and to the axles and diff. The gears themselves are the same. You'll have to have them set up and used gears are a major crapshoot noise-wise.
O really? I dont want any noise issues lol

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
yep, here's the trick: installing the used gears the installer has to try to match the pattern up the way it was in the other car and that's hard to know with the gears on the bench. He's making his best guess as to which of the many acceptable patterns he chooses. Not saying it can't work, I just wouldn't do it on an S197, which are already pretty notorious for transmitting gear whine to the body shell.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yep, here's the trick: installing the used gears the installer has to try to match the pattern up the way it was in the other car and that's hard to know with the gears on the bench. He's making his best guess as to which of the many acceptable patterns he chooses. Not saying it can't work, I just wouldn't do it on an S197, which are already pretty notorious for transmitting gear whine to the body shell.
Yea im not even gonna attempt it just gonna fork out the extra cash and make sure its right

1 - 6 of 6 Posts