Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried searching this but came up with hundreds of axle back threads.

It appears the rear wheel on the driver side is sticking out a bit and the passenger side is tucked a bit. I'm assuming it's the rear end shifted over. Is this something the dealer can fix or do I need a panhard bar and an alignment?

IG: 14gt5oh

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Adjustable panhard bar is needed.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK so if I get the bar should I go ahead and get he relocation brackets since I will eventually lower it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Those two are completely unrelated. You can if you just want am excuse to get them now but no need at this time.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
If it was still under warranty and it was that far off, and you never lowered it, I'd be inclined to check with the dealer just to see what they would say about it. Just for the hell of it, if nothing else.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya I can swing by and have them look. Never really noticed it until I put the wider wheels and tires on the back

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can just about any shop correct this when doing the alignment or do I need to find a specialty shop?

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
If you can swing a crescent wrench you can easily dial this in on an adjustable panhard yourself. It doesn't affect your alignment, as the thrust angles remain the same.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK is it better to get the single adjustable or the double. There are just alot of options.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Double is unnecessary and adds more failure modes. It is easier to adjust but it's not hard either way.

·
Registered
727 Posts
OK is it better to get the single adjustable or the double. There are just alot of options.

SIngle Adjustable, go with BMR or Steeda IMO. This is a pretty normal thing for these cars and becomes noticeable when you put wider wheels on and taking it to the dealer likely will just be a waste of your time and they will say it's normal.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK perfect. Any thoughts on the pan hard support bar. I'll probably buy the BMR bar this weekend.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK. Just wasn't sure. I figured $69 wasn't crazy expensive and if it helps it may be worth it. And it can be all installed one shot.

Would it be OK to install this while the car is parked or does it have to be jacked up?

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
^^^that....the suspension needs to be loaded. either a drive on lift or back it onto jackstands. You can measure with tape measure (level along fender or string/plumb bob) to center of wheel. just figure out which way you need to adjust and remember it's the body you are moving.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I guess I should of clarified like he did^^

No frame lift, you should back up into some ramps or use a lift that you drive into

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OK thanks guys. My drive way is angled pretty good so I can backup to the garage and get the room I need to get under there. Thanks for all the help!!!

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
No need for a lift or ramps. Just adjust it on the ground.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts