Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it looks like I have an interested party in doing the rear end swap with me..

Going to get a 7.5 with open diff and 3.27's!

5-speeds do have 3.27's right?

I'll try to take plent of pictures, plenty of notes to do a detailed writeup (although not as good as some of the things Charles and Evin have done).

I'll keep you posted.

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, we are also swapping exhaust systems, I think. so remove both axles, then exhaust, then reinstall exhausts, then axles.. so that should only take 1-2hrs right? :shock:

seriously though

Do you think this can be done in a day?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
it was RoushXtreme. but then again, ive talked to him on IM and he has a lift and everything. so w/ power tools and a lift, it really doesnt take that long.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Ken said:
Well, we are also swapping exhaust systems, I think. so remove both axles, then exhaust, then reinstall exhausts, then axles.. so that should only take 1-2hrs right? :shock:

seriously though

Do you think this can be done in a day?
by "axles" you mean rear ends, right? :?:

yes, a rear end swap can definitely be done in a day. time wise depends on how many are working on it and if you have a lift and airtools. it took me a total of 8 hours, but this included walking about a mile total getting a breaker bar and some help to heft the new rear end in place. note that i did it by myself in a parking lot with hand tools and jack stands though.

get some different sized breaker bar or air tools though, one of them is REQUIRED to break those UCA/differential/driveshaft bolts.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
take it from me.. whenever someone claims to be a mechanic... that just means theyve changed their own oil or brake pads. ask him what sort of jobs hes done before and the most complex. that way you dont end up doing all the work, cause it suks trying to do it yourself

1 - 14 of 14 Posts