Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have decided to run drag radials next year for at least the track days. I know I need to replace axles and bushings and more. I have the full Tilt Boogie toe links already. My ?s:
- what kind of axle are good? What have others used and liked?
- Bushings! Where, what brand, who offers the best?
- What else?

Thanks for your help guys!

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
No need to replace axles, just as many people breaking the $1500 axles as factory ones.

Get a good set of differential bushings (FTB, MM, Kenny Brown, etc) and learn how to leave.

I've tracked my car quite a bit this year and all I have are Kenny Brown diff bushings, Kenny Brown forward torque brace, MM IRS brace. Did eat one halfshaft this year, but that was a 4,000 rpm dump...

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No need to replace axles, just as many people breaking the $1500 axles as factory ones.

Get a good set of differential bushings (FTB, MM, Kenny Brown, etc) and learn how to leave.

I've tracked my car quite a bit this year and all I have are Kenny Brown diff bushings, Kenny Brown forward torque brace, MM IRS brace. Did eat one halfshaft this year, but that was a 4,000 rpm dump...
I knew I could count on you for some great tips! thanks LOwflyn!

What was your best time at the track this year? Also, I have the LPW read Diff cover, wil it be strong enough, I read it was just as strong as IRS brace.
I will get new Bushings, Forward torque brace for sure! Should I up grade the half shafts or run the stock ones?

---------- Post added at 08:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 AM ----------

Also, not sure the rules out in LA, but do they give you crap about having a drop top while running the time you run?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts