Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rear end shakes from side to side from 5-10 mph and my abs light is on. Also at 55 the whole car shakes. I had my tires rebalanced to trouble shoot but didnt work. Does anyone know what i can do to solve these problems before the get any worse?

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
My dads front end was a little off and it made his shake, tightened the bumpers along with a front end alignment, fixed it. My girlfriend had a bubble in her back tire that made the back end feel like it was moving side to side

·
Lorraine's driver
8,195 Posts
You could jack it up so you can spin your back tires. If you have trouble spinning them or even detect the wobble as your wheel moves, maybe it's your wheel bearings. That's a guess, becasue wheel bearings should grind, I would think. I guess maybe warped rear rotars could wobble if bad enough to actually catch on your brakes. I actually have something like this going on at really slow speeds. The wobble could very well be the tires as stated above.

·
Registered
420 Posts
00STANG00 said:
Rear end shakes from side to side from 5-10 mph and my abs light is on. Also at 55 the whole car shakes. I had my tires rebalanced to trouble shoot but didnt work. Does anyone know what i can do to solve these problems before the get any worse?
Has your car been hit i the rear?

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No i fixxed it when i got the tires rebalanced they failed to tell me the the passenger rear tire had a huge ass egg and steel showing. Have new tire, no shake, but the abs light still on.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
00STANG00 said:
No i fixxed it when i got the tires rebalanced they failed to tell me the the passenger rear tire had a huge ass egg and steel showing. Have new tire, no shake, but the abs light still on.
:)

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
00STANG00 said:
Look for any loose connections on any of the 4 wheels, sometimes things just get undone and the violent shaking from that wheel might have caused it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts