Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i got a 95 v6 and im lookin at puttin 3.73's in it along with t-lok, only problem is, i drive across state (washington) every once and a while to see my gf in college, so i was wondering if anyone could tell me how much im gonna loose in gas milage and what not driving 60+ mph for 4-5 hours, is it worth it?? any advice would help thanks

·
Registered
89 Posts
It is worth it. I did the same thing. I haven't checked my mileage but it seems very close to the same. There is a benefit of being able to pass virtually anyone, virtually anywhere without downshifting out of OD too. lol
DO IT! :)

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
In the city under normal driving you wont lose a thing. On the interstate I lost about 1 MPG when kept below 75 mph at 80-85 I lose about 2 mpg.

The rule of thumb keep the engine RPMs below 3000 and your mileage will be much better.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what i was thinkin is, driving up hills i might not have to downshift to 4th, is this true, if so that would help right, ur guys's posts put a big smile on my face i might have to order my stuff this week

·
Registered
537 Posts
It will accelerate much quicker and it will launch much better also.
You won't regret it. I am planning on installing an Auburn unit soon with
gears also.

Matt :) :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
It's fine. I had 4.10s and drove across texas every once and a while and was fine. don't worry. don't fear the gear.

·
Premium Member
25,461 Posts
I get 22mpg in the city with my gears, runs fine goign 65, rpms get kind of up there at 75-80 but its not very bad. Its WELL worth it. If you have an auto go 4.10s you will thank me later.

·
Premium Member
25,461 Posts
since you have a pre 99 the best way to go is buy a complete minus axles 94-98 8.8 rear end with pre installed 3.73s and tlok ( I know i said 4.10 for auto... but its a great deal ) They run 7.25~ or so plus shipping... and they wont break like a 7.5in rear.

7.5:
200 gears
200 tlok
200 install
if it breakes or whines (it can with bad install) then you will spend more money.... and be very ticked off

8.8:
reuse your stock axles
be done with it, sell teh stocker for 100-200 bucks.

·
Registered
106 Posts

8.8 for 725??? Well, where can you get it for that price???? if thats the case that would be great..loweest price I could find in my area is 850 for the gears, t-lok, and all the parts!

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Sublime782 said:
8.8 for 725??? Well, where can you get it for that price???? if thats the case that would be great..loweest price I could find in my area is 850 for the gears, t-lok, and all the parts!
speedconcepts.net but that would be for a pre 99mustang

1 - 13 of 13 Posts