Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Yes it will mess up your speedo. You can purchase something to fix it with since you have a 99+... what I cant remember lol.

If you have a auto you generally want to go with 4.10 gears. Manual wants to get 3.73.

If you get gears get a t lok at the same time so that you dont have to pay twice for installation and both of your wheels will spin. S

Someone tell him what he needs to correct the speedo I cant remember.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Good call, you don't necessarily have to go with 4.10s, you can go with any gear with larger numbers than the stock 3.27s and get better performance, like on my GT I went with 3.73s, and now I have 3.55s, better gas mileage but still superior performance to stock gears. LOL, now if you want to race, yes, definitely 4.10s, just depends what you want from it, remember that premium fuel is up around 2 dollars a gallon now, and if you get a chip you will most likely be having to buy premium fuel then. This should be in drive train.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Brent said:
Yes it will mess up your speedo. You can purchase something to fix it with since you have a 99+... what I cant remember lol.

If you have a auto you generally want to go with 4.10 gears. Manual wants to get 3.73.

If you get gears get a t lok at the same time so that you dont have to pay twice for installation and both of your wheels will spin. S

Someone tell him what he needs to correct the speedo I cant remember.
94-98's require a speed cal, they are cheap like 20 bucks.
99+'s require a chip to fix speedo, not so cheap..

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
94-98s only need a different speedo gear, that is like 20 bucks, 99+ 5speeds can use a Dallas Mustangs or other brand speed cal, around 100 bucks I think, autos have to have a chip, about 300 bucks.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
actually, the dallas speedcal works for 94-98 AUTO tranny's too now :)

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Yeah Zim, I heard that, but you can do it with a 20 dollar plastic gear too, of course that really isn't that accurate, I know that from when I had my 4.10s and 23 tooth speedo gear, haha.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
Rick0636 said:
Yeah Zim, I heard that, but you can do it with a 20 dollar plastic gear too, of course that really isn't that accurate, I know that from when I had my 4.10s and 23 tooth speedo gear, haha.
yeah im in the same boat right now... ive got a 23 tooth gear with 4.10s.

on my 1/4 mile run my speedo said i was doin about 102, yet i was only goin 91 :) lol

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
If you plus size the wheels and tires right, it won't be off alot, if any....and a chip will correct the speedo.........as far as the wheels go I was told by someone at Ford, that they can reflash the computer to tell it that it has a certain wheel/tire package. I think that might only be with factory sizes ie GT,Cobra

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yea i got 03 svt wheels. havent gotten them put on yet cause im waiting for the money for the tires. in two days i will get em on probably. i will post some pics for you guys to check it out. thanks for the info, would i go to ford dealership for the reflash on my cars computer or not

1 - 17 of 17 Posts