Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I painted my Interior 1/4 panels (white) on a 1990 Mustang GT Conv. They look great but are sticky. It has been 2 days and no change. I used Dura Color Plastic and vinyl Spray Paint.

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
sounds sweet, are you trying to ask something? make sure the car is in the right temp zone to dry if your wondering when it will dry.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I applied I cleaned thw White Vinyl with Bleach and water in hoping the Yellow colw would turn white. This did make it a bit better but I bought Vinyl Prep spray then the the Dura Color Paint The Prep Spray came from ===>

http://www.metropartsmarket.com/catalogs/image_latemustang_c25_61887.html

The Paint was from a Auto center. The paint is still sticky, and I can scratch off the color with my nail.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
I think he's saying that it's been two days since he has painted them and the paint still doesn't feel dry.

I don't think the paint is sticking. Sand it off and try something else like Krylon Fusion, if they have it in white.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
that is gonna stay that way.... it may get better but its just the paint you used. You should have got the ford interior spray paint its a perfect match to oem and looks amazing, there are quite a few places that sell it like 50resto.com

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now What ?

Since I screwed up my 1/4 panels how can I fix them. The three problems are the paint I used was wrong, and the White look whiter than my Seats.
The Speaker covers are crap and I can not find a set anywhere The Speaker covers keep coming apart.
Does anyone know where to find 1/4 panels.

Thanks for your Help, I just registered on your Forum, my 1990 Mustang GT Conv. has been garaged for 12 years. I got the Seats, top and painting done. The car looks great I wnat to get things like the 1/4 panels and other details to make the car look even better.

Thanks again and if you have any Ideas for me on my crappy panels thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts