Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of deleting my rear seat and installing my subs there. Anybody done this before or seen it done?

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
I have taken out my rear seats, in process of builing a piece even with trunk to mount amps on.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, i have a vert. it's a big difference. I wish I had the option, but there's alot of crap in the way. I still have to seperate the trunk somehow.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
www.yellowmustangregistry.com sells rear seat deletes for verts. you could make the sub encloser coming out from the wall behind the seats instead of trying to mount it flush with them.

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
I saw a picture in 5.0 mag where a guy had two 15's in a veret where the back seat used to be. he had them firing vertically it was sweet

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my problem with that is 1) how would I seal the enclosure? would I have to? and 2) security. I have a vert, notoriously easy to cut into. I would need some way to fix that.

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
DropTop_Stang said:
my problem with that is 1) how would I seal the enclosure? would I have to? and 2) security. I have a vert, notoriously easy to cut into. I would need some way to fix that.
You would just get a custom box made for the area where the seats used to be. It can be ported(which I would suggest) or Sealed.

AS for as the security goes there is no way to stop someone from cutting your top.... security system and a spot in a garage are only good alternatives

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm gonna do a security system like the one in stick death.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What I'm thinking is a big piece of wood. Use weather foam to seal is sorta. Build enclosures behind it, but attached. Like this.

|
|-----|
| |
|-----|
|

and putting in some latches. Then putting the amp/satelite tuner/cap. where the mach amps were. Then when I need to put the seats back in, just moving it to the trunk and latching it back there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts