Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have the pedistal spoiler on my car and I am thinking of switching the RTR black spoiler. Does anyone if the RTR uses the factory holes or will I have drill new ones anf get the old filled in?

Also, is there a market for the factory spoilers? If so, what would be a good price to sell it for?

Thanks
Matthew

·
Registered
519 Posts
From what I hear the RTR still uses the factory holes for the four bolts so the install would be very simple if you already have the OEM one.

I'm upgrading to the GT500 spolier in the Spring and I'm debating on selling the OEM one on the multipal forums/craigslist/eBay. On the other hand, I might hold onto it in case I trade in the car I would switch everything out and go back to stock.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Im sure someone will buy the spoiler if you posted it for sale. they sell for $140 new, unpainted, and shipped.... asking price is up to you but I think somewhere in the $110 range would get you interest, remember it probably wont be cheap to ship.

AM says the RTR is a direct factory replacement, to me that means it will use the factory mounting points. if you read the reviews on the AM site it sure sounds like it will fit the factory mounting points no problem.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Okay, I have a few questions.

What year model is your car?
And what color is your car?

Because I'd love to get a black GT/CS spoiler.

·
Dragon Tail Master
1,335 Posts
You will still need to fill in the front 4 mounting holes, I don't think the RTR goes that far forward.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
why not get trufiber's GT/CS/Boss spoiler...not painting needed :)

shown here with a few other Carbon fiber accessories....

·
Registered
803 Posts
I like the steeda functional spoiler the most I think. I called trying to figure out the color it came in and was told that they would go look in the warehouse and get back to me, never got a call back. I tried e-mail too, same BS. I was tempted to call and give them the WTF speech but whatever, if they don't want to Supply service I just won't buy

·
Premium Member
5,451 Posts
From what I hear the RTR still uses the factory holes for the four bolts so the install would be very simple if you already have the OEM one.

I'm upgrading to the GT500 spolier in the Spring and I'm debating on selling the OEM one on the multipal forums/craigslist/eBay. On the other hand, I might hold onto it in case I trade in the car I would switch everything out and go back to stock.
I switched to the GT500 spoiler; very happy with its looks. I'll keep the original spoiler for when I sell this Mustang for the next. This way I can put the original back on and sell the GT500 (if it doesn't go onto the next Mustang purchase). The GT500 spoiler will have a higher demand/resell value than stock.

I do this will all mmy upgrades; save the original pieces, then re-install them when I sell/trade-in the car. Aftermarket pieces will usually sell easier than stock pieces, until the car becomes a collectible; then the stock pieces become more desirable to those that restore.

Our Mustangs are not into the collectable stage yet though.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
if dont see on that one, their alternate site is trucarbon
if dont see it there...call them, they have it listed as the B-style (boss) CF spoiler :)

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
YEAH...just looked neither did I
might have to call them....its really new...debuted on their SEMA car 'Green Machine' last year in Vegas...
i was bugging them before the show...dummy them had pics of the build on the trufiber facebook page......they ignored me til after SEMA. wasnt like it was a big secret...LOL

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

TC10025-DCA44 1 2010-Up Mustang Carbon Fiber DCA44 Rear Spoiler B-Style

part number....^^^

·
Registered
333 Posts
YEAH...just looked neither did I
might have to call them....its really new...debuted on their SEMA car 'Green Machine' last year in Vegas...
i was bugging them before the show...dummy them had pics of the build on the trufiber facebook page......they ignored me til after SEMA. wasnt like it was a big secret...LOL

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

TC10025-DCA44 1 2010-Up Mustang Carbon Fiber DCA44 Rear Spoiler B-Style

part number....^^^
They don't allow that many characters in the search bar.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
FIGURES....darn websites :)

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
lol....sound like me...took 5 months to save the $$$$ for the CF upgrades

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Im sure someone will buy the spoiler if you posted it for sale. they sell for $140 new, unpainted, and shipped.... asking price is up to you but I think somewhere in the $110 range would get you interest, remember it probably wont be cheap to ship.

AM says the RTR is a direct factory replacement, to me that means it will use the factory mounting points. if you read the reviews on the AM site it sure sounds like it will fit the factory mounting points no problem.
I got mine on eBay for 140, painted

·
Registered
995 Posts
I just ordered a gt500 wing painted from am for 264.00$ it should be here Friday just in time to install for the weekend.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts